Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A case for cashing out UR points.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by mia
If you really want to do the math, you should adjust for the miles you would have earned if you had purchased a ticket (distance miles, status bonus, class of service bonus, credit card spend, credit card category bonus, etc). When I do this I find that a "100,000" mile transatlantic business class ticket really costs ~125,000 miles.
You should also account for taxes and fees on award tickets, value of attaining elite status, etc. But since these are made up numbers anyway I thought I'd keep it simple.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bobloadmire
Again, claims, but no data. How are you doing this?
Read the MS forum. Other posters have already substantiated my claims. It's up to you to believe them. Frankly, I don't give a damn if you believe me.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by mia
If you really want to do the math, you should adjust for the miles you would have earned if you had purchased a ticket (distance miles, status bonus, class of service bonus, credit card spend, credit card category bonus, etc). When I do this I find that a "100,000" mile transatlantic business class ticket really costs ~125,000 miles.
You need to improve on your redemptions
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:26 am
Suspended

I'd like to see how you get 500-600$ a month with a cash back card.

That being said, I'm waiting for a cash sign on bonus for the Fidelity 2% amex to pop back up again and put some mad MS on that.
I think you've answered your own question here
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: Kettle One ;)
Originally Posted by amolkold
I beat sign on bonuses multiple times per month with my cash back card(s).
Amol, I know volume-wise you do bigger numbers but are you really "beating" sign-up bonuses? Now I suspect you have already gone through most bonuses already but considering the churn opportunities out there, why ignore sign-ups?

Example for CSP:

45000 sign up + 3000 spend = 16x on $3000 spend, what cb card are you beating that with?

To the OP use your UR points on what you want but if your goal is CB then there are better cards out there.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boondr
Amol, I know volume-wise you do bigger numbers but are you really "beating" sign-up bonuses? Now I suspect you have already gone through most bonuses already but considering the churn opportunities out there, why ignore sign-ups?

Example for CSP:

45000 sign up + 3000 spend = 16x on $3000 spend, what cb card are you beating that with?

To the OP use your UR points on what you want but if your goal is CB then there are better cards out there.

The best cash back I have seen is the fidelity. I assume you guys are getting some sort of use on a 5% card though to make it worth your time.

Even at 5% to get back $500 a month like that one guy was claiming, you would have to churn $10000 on the card a month. at 2% Fidelity, it would be $25000 a month. I really doubt people are able to MS that much without getting a ton of transaction or cashcard fees.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stoughton
I think you've answered your own question here
I don't see how you are putting $25,000 spend on a Fidelity card per month to get $500 CB without getting a ton of transaction fees. I have 2 amazon payment accounts and 2 serve accounts, thats a total of $7k per month.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:13 am
Suspended

The best cash back I have seen is the fidelity. I assume you guys are getting some sort of use on a 5% card though to make it worth your time.

Even at 5% to get back $500 a month like that one guy was claiming, you would have to churn $10000 on the card a month. at 2% Fidelity, it would be $25000 a month. I really doubt people are able to MS that much without getting a ton of transaction or cashcard fees.
I don't see how you are putting $25,000 spend on a Fidelity card per month to get $500 CB without getting a ton of transaction fees. I have 2 amazon payment accounts and 2 serve accounts, thats a total of $7k per month.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...tart-here.html

seriously
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Since this is turning into a MS Q&A I'm going to close it and suggest further discussion take place there. Thanks.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.