Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using my Sapphire card to pay someone else's bill

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Is it against the chase terms and conditions if I use my chase sapphire to pay someone else's bill, about $2000, so I can meet my spend requirement ? I will get paid back by this person, wasn't sure if this might get me in trouble with chase. If they were to ask me about the amount, would it be ok just to tell what I am doing and why ? Has anyone else done this and had any problems ? Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
You can't pay credit with credit
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Let me clarify, I am not trying to use my credit card to pay someone else's credit card balance. I am just making a payment to someone else's retail account balance due using my credit card
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:36 pm

If some retailer lets you pay them by credit card as a regular purchase and not a cash advance then it will be fine. I don't think they care whose "bill" you're paying. I don't see how it's any different from paying for dinner and having the other party give you some cash.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by fly35
Let me clarify, I am not trying to use my credit card to pay someone else's credit card balance. I am just making a payment to someone else's retail account balance due using my credit card
What retail account let's you pay via credit card?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lakers6902
You can't pay credit with credit
Unless you're the government. Uncle Sam pays his Visa with his Mastercard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.