Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 60k Chase Ink Bold/Plus & 30k Ink Cash Small Business Week offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 60k Chase Ink Bold/Plus & 30k Ink Cash Small Business Week offers

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by FTRox87
whatever you do (hint apply ) please report back.

this is a great experimental Q regarding targeted offers when it comes to auto approval vs. analysts line of thinking with too many recent inquiries/open credit. lets see how much magic that invitation code really holds.

cause if it works for you, I'm sure I can find one of these codes for a sort of a hail mary recon call
Yes, I am wondering about that. I had to call recon when I got the Chase Sapphire after they had pulled credit from all 3 bureaus. No complete denials, though.

I wonder if they consider the business cards differently.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:06 am

Applied for the IB today. Got the pending message. When I called the recon line, the rep grilled me for a good 20 minutes asking about my purchases, future purchases, current Chase CCs. I had recently gotten the Freedom + IHG in March. Finally agreed to move some CL from an InkPlus I signed up for last August but I had to e-mail my IRS Document proving my Business Address .... not sure what that was all about but she said once thats there then the card will be mailed out so I guess its a win? Although last year with the IP it was an instant Yes.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:18 am

data point: applied the Ink Bold on 5.1, got the "you will receive our decision in writing in approximately 2 weeks" message. This is my first biz card application. Waited until 5.7 then I sent a SM in topic "Other/Inquiry Not Listed" asking the status of my application. Received a SM an hour ago said that I had been approved with a 18K credit line. I have been a Chase customer since 2010. Applied and got approved 5 personal cards(canceled two of them) from 2011 to 2012. But I didn't apply any Chase card last year.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Applied for an Ink Plus today ... have two Chase business cards open - an Ink Plus (open for 1.5 years) and a United Mileage Plus.

Application went pending. I called the reconsideration line and had a nice conversation about the application, my business, etc. She said she recommended the approval with a small credit line, but it would still have to go to a manager for review prior to final approval (due to my existing business cards).

I offered to reduce the credit limit on my existing cards and asked if that would alleviate the need for a 2nd level approval, she said it wouldn't, so we left it as is.

Hoping the 2nd level approval goes through.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:14 am

Decision pending on INK Plus.

I already have the Ink bold under a different business.

I am so busy with other offers and "hustles" that it really makes no real difference if I get it or not. The additional 60k points are nice, but just saying...

Thanks to all that have posted with their data points.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:19 am

Have 11 mo.-old IP. Got IB (MC) with it last 60K; cancelled it to get SWA October.

Applied for IB (Visa) and got:
Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail.
Please do not resubmit this application.
I'm guessing that is the kiss-off. Eh, like babycakes just said, not a huge deal.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Poster

That was the exact message I got. I called in the next morning and got approved.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
That's the standard message unless you get instant approval. Not a kiss off.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:33 am

That's great news. Thanks. I will wait it out then.
Old May 9, 2014, 11:06 am

I also just applied and got the same "requires further review" message. Is it better to call recon or wait it out? This was my first ever Chase card and first ever Biz card. I hope i filled everything in right..

I was trying to research how legit your business needs to be to get these cards. I didn't find a whole lot of info. My DH is a videographer/DJ getting his business off the ground. I help him with both when he has jobs and was hoping to use it as my business. Anyone know what Q's I should be prepared to answer when I call re-con? Like, if they will be pretty intense Qs about the business? Can i mention that it is with my husband, or claim it as my own? I only put 1 in the employee spot….

Any advice is welcome.. TIA!
Old May 9, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Applied for both Ink cards last Friday, got the "under consideration" message, called recon today. 780+ credit and high work income from my job. My sole proprietership is new, a year ago I started buying rental houses. Expected 2014 gross income $28K or so. Analyst was polite and professional, wanted to know why I'd opened 9 personal cards in the last 12 months, why I wanted business cards now, what I'd done with the [Citibank] business card that was approved in February. [Card never arrived...I need to call Citi. Thanked her for reminding me.] She decided the business was too new for both cards, she could approve whichever I wanted for $20K credit. I asked to split the limit between both cards, but no go. Ah well, one 60k sign-up bonus is better than none.

She also strongly implied that she'd have approved both if we'd had a longer business relationship. I got the impression it might be a good idea to leave this card open and actually use it a bit, waiting for another offer next year to reapply for the other Ink card.

Thanks to all for the excellent advice given here.

Last edited by siankaan1; May 9, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Old May 9, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by hnf8705
Anyone know what Q's I should be prepared to answer when I call re-con? Like, if they will be pretty intense Qs about the business?

Any advice is welcome.. TIA!
I was asked: how old my business is, what it does, 2013 gross income, estimated 2013 profit, estimated 2014 gross income, why the change from 2013 to 2014. How many houses I owned. Whether I had mortgages on the rental properties. I think that was it.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:31 pm

When I applied a few months ago .. I found the application process to be one of the hardest .. I have a legitimate business but the amount of questions .. it was like an interrogation
Old May 9, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jeanie
FYI, I am taking my own advice. I just applied for the Ink Plus, and it needed further processing. So I called the automated line and got the 2 weeks message. In the past, that has meant I will eventually be approved. So I am not calling recon.

Update, I applied for the Ink Plus Visa yesterday, called the automated line and got the notification in 2 weeks message, and today the account was listed in my existing business online account. I was approved without calling.

So the theory is that if the automated line says it will contact you in 7 - 10 days, then call the recon line. They need more information to approve your app, and left alone it might be a denial.

If the automated message says they will contact you in 2 weeks, you will probably be approved without having to call recon.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by jeanie
Update, I applied for the Ink Plus Visa yesterday, called the automated line and got the notification in 2 weeks message, and today the account was listed in my existing business online account. I was approved without calling.

So the theory is that if the automated line says it will contact you in 7 - 10 days, then call the recon line. They need more information to approve your app, and left alone it might be a denial.

If the automated message says they will contact you in 2 weeks, you will probably be approved without having to call recon.
Last time I apped for the Ink Bold, it gave me the 2 weeks message for ~1.5 weeks and then gave me the 7-10 day message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.