Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom Non-Signature to VISA Signature Denied

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

I got a $2.5K auto CLI from Chase so my current CL on my freedom card is $5.5K. I have called chase, Send SM, contacted EO. All were NOT able to upgrade me to Signature Version of this card.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can tell you that my husband has a Freedom that is almost 6 years old, 22K credit line but is denied to upgrade to a Visa Signature despite the front line phone rep cheerfully said that should not be any problem and just needed to submit a request. Yet, he got a letter of denial without any reason stated. This was 6 months ago. 18 months ago he requested the upgrade via SM, and was denied.

Who knows what is the real reason or lack thereof, behind it? In my husband's case, it definitely is not the issue of credit line, nor the history of the card.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
There's some kind of algorithm that gives Chase CSRs a yes or no. I have no idea what goes into it (I'd guess certain income, >=$5k CL, and >12 month history are part of it). I find it odd because Chase is incentivized to "upgrade" as many Visa cards as possible to Visa Signature. Just keep trying everything couple of months.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by newuser0
I got a $2.5K auto CLI from Chase so my current CL on my freedom card is $5.5K. I have called chase, Send SM, contacted EO. All were NOT able to upgrade me to Signature Version of this card.

Any suggestions?
Any reason you want Signature? Mine is a non-Sig as well, but with other Signature cards I see no reason to upgrade. A regular Visa card is cheaper for the merchant too.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
I can tell you that my husband has a Freedom that is almost 6 years old, 22K credit line but is denied to upgrade to a Visa Signature despite the front line phone rep cheerfully said that should not be any problem and just needed to submit a request. Yet, he got a letter of denial without any reason stated. This was 6 months ago. 18 months ago he requested the upgrade via SM, and was denied.

Who knows what is the real reason or lack thereof, behind it? In my husband's case, it definitely is not the issue of credit line, nor the history of the card.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I suggest you to contact the Chase Executive Office and they will change your card to Siggy ASAP.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bribro
There's some kind of algorithm that gives Chase CSRs a yes or no. I have no idea what goes into it (I'd guess certain income, >=$5k CL, and >12 month history are part of it). I find it odd because Chase is incentivized to "upgrade" as many Visa cards as possible to Visa Signature. Just keep trying everything couple of months.
You are certainly right. CSR rep told me that for some cards, they do see a "Upgrade" Button and for some NOT.
So it's a YMMV situation and I believe, Managers/EO can Override this.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoneTree
Any reason you want Signature? Mine is a non-Sig as well, but with other Signature cards I see no reason to upgrade. A regular Visa card is cheaper for the merchant too.
A Signature Card, Gives you extended Warranty Protection and Sounds Cool too
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Update

Just talked with a super cool Rep from EO Office, She said, My card is still NOT 12 Months OLD. Need to wait for 10 More months
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:20 am

A Signature Card, Gives you extended Warranty Protection and Sounds Cool too
I can't argue with that. The coolness factor is the sole reason I want a World Elite MC. Which is turning out to be very difficult.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

I can't argue with that. The coolness factor is the sole reason I want a World Elite MC. Which is turning out to be very difficult.
Same boat.
Which card you want to be in World Elite MC?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I suggest you to contact the Chase Executive Office and they will change your card to Siggy ASAP.
Phone call? Mail? Care to share the method and the pertinent info you used?

We think change it to a siggy is a good idea for the better benefit of siggy when buying high priced items. That is pretty much about the whole reason to try to change it given Freedom is a stable in our Chase card folios.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Phone call? Mail? Care to share the method and the pertinent info you used?

We think change it to a siggy is a good idea for the better benefit of siggy when buying high priced items. That is pretty much about the whole reason to try to change it given Freedom is a stable in our Chase card folios.
Yes, I followed these steps.
First send an Email to Chase EO, include your Last 4 digits of card number and ask for a signature upgrade on that.

They will call you within 2-3 days, take the request, then will update the status after 1-2 days of taking request.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I followed these steps.
First send an Email to Chase EO, include your Last 4 digits of card number and ask for a signature upgrade on that.

They will call you within 2-3 days, take the request, then will update the status after 1-2 days of taking request.
email address of the Chase EO? That is what I mean pertinent info - either a phone number or an address.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
email address of the Chase EO? That is what I mean pertinent info - either a phone number or an address.
If you google "Chase Executive Offices"....bam...1st listed link has all "pertinent info"
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:15 am

Same boat.
Which card you want to be in World Elite MC?
Right now I'd take almost any. But my only MC's are Citi AAdvantage, Barclay Arrival, and Barclay US Air. Barclay is loathe to upgrade anything and Citi probably doesn't want to compete with their higher end cards. A bit surprising about Barclay since they get higher swipe fees from WEMC.

It seems the GM card is the only WEMC without a high AF, but I don't want one that bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.