Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Change statement closing date to accelerate points or delay payment [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change statement closing date to accelerate points or delay payment [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat

I've come across different instances on here of moving up statement dates in the effort to have points post faster and wanted to see if anyone has any solid clarification or datapoints

Is it possible to move the very first statement date earlier? I've read reports that it only can be moved later and/or sometime delays the points posting even further

My main concern is getting points posted before 2/1 to use for UA pre-deval
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Advance UR bonus early?

I signed up for the Ink Bold and Chase Freedom last week. I'd really like to use the bonus points towards a few nights in Hyatt hotels and want to book prior to the inflation on January 7.

My question is... If I hit the spend threshold quickly, is it possible to get those points posted to my account before Jan? Would I need to pay off the balances in order to those points?

Last edited by DutchRyan; Dec 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:15 pm

Not possible. I hit my spent threshold on CSP a few days ago (before my last statement close) and I sent an SM asking about this and they stated that there is nothing they can do to expedite.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Traveling Around from Country to country
Chase started lately giving bonus miles only on the second statement closing. This happened on my 2 recent ink cards. I think the UA cards did post immediately, not sure though.

Moving closing dates is for sure a good idea, but always make sure to have a balance, had in the past where I moved dates, and it didn't close that month, I had to wait 2 months.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Asking for statement to close early?

Anyone had success asking Chase to close your statement early?

This is for my CSP received last month. I could have sworn the initial closing date was 12/23, but today it says 1/6. Trying to get the statement closed in Dec to get 7% bonus.

EDIT: the closing date changes every time I login to Chase.com! It just changed to 1/14, then 12/27. ...!

Last edited by italdesign; Dec 16, 2013 at 9:57 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, AA GLD, Hyatt PLT, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold
I've never had a problem changing my closing date for CSP, but was told you are allowed to do it once every six months. Just call and ask
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
I had success with it recently as a couple days ago. The online system usually doesn't sync up until after the first closing date. So what ever you set up with the rep should be fine. Don't pay attention the flip flopping online date, it happened to me as well.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Keep in mind they might tell you it changes NEXT statement, and not this one, especially if you're only 8 days away.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
OK, I was able to get it changed by calling the # on the back of CSP. Closing date was Dec 20 and rep had no problem changing it to 26. I followed up with a SM to confirm that the change is effective immediately (i.e. this month).
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:55 pm

Any more recent data on this? I have 2 new SW cards. One has the first closing date as 2/6 and the second card's is 2/26. Would love to move these up. At a minimum, the 2/26 to 2/6.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by CherylD
Any more recent data on this? I have 2 new SW cards. One has the first closing date as 2/6 and the second card's is 2/26. Would love to move these up. At a minimum, the 2/26 to 2/6.
Recently i did for SW cards. But it was , i moved to later date. My stmnt close date was Dec 26 and i completed my minimum spend before that date. So it could have triggered the points posting into my RR account before the year ends.

So i called and changed the date to Jan 1st. This is my first stmnt. It got reflected and account stmnt closed on Jan 1st and points posted on Jan 2nd.

So u can call and request them to move the date to Jan month
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:11 am

I just tried this but didn't get what I hoped for. I just applied for the card, received it, met min spend, and I wanted to close the month so my bonus would post faster. I have not been through a full billing cycle yet.
I was told my closing for this month is 2/25 and due date is 3/10. I asked to move it closer. He tried and said he could change the closing date to the 2nd of the month, and the due date to the 27th but it won't take hold until my second month's billing.
So I will close this month on the 25th, due date 3/10. Then close again on 3/2, due date 3/27.
I'm hoping to use my sign up bonus points for April airfare. How long until bonus points post? Am I being unrealistic to think I can get the points in time? I keep checking the flight availability and so far, ok, but who knows how long that will last.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Just called and was told I could change my closing date, but it would not impact my current bill. I just i'm waiting until next week for my points
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Chase SWA card change closing date.

I thought I read this somewhere but can't remember for sure...

Can you change the statement closing date for your card? For instance it closes on the 23rd but I'd like it to be the 15th? Is this possible?
Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I do not have a Southwest card, but I can change the closing date for all of the Chase cards that I do have. You don't change the closing date directly, instead you change the payment due date, which is 25 days later for personal cards. I have all my personal Chase cards set to close on the 3rd, due on 28th. To close on the 15th you would probably choose 10th as a due date, but wait for someone to confirm before making a change, if the exact date is important.

To make the change:
Login to chase.com
Choose the card account you want to change
Click: Things you can do > Update Settings & Preferences > Payment Due Date.

The change is not effective until the next billing cycle.

Last edited by mia; Jul 11, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.