Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels.com Vacation Packages

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Hotels.com Vacation Packages

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I'm looking to book travel to Europe this coming March. I found that via the Ultimate Rewards Mall I can get an extra 3 points per dollar on my hotels.com purchase. So I looked up multi city vacation packages flying into Paris and Leaving out of Rome for four people.

It turned out this was the cheapest price I had seen so far totaling $6049 for 3 nights in Paris and 3 nights in Rome with airfare included flying on AA's new 777-300ER's (Connecting through London.)

My question is does anyone have any experience getting Ultimate Rewards Mall points when booking vacation packages on hotels.com? If so what have your experiences been? Good or Bad?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:19 pm

Ive never booked a vacation package but when I stay at non-Hyatt properties, I generally book through hotels.com. The bonus points don't post until the stay has been completed (or I guess in your case, the vacation). So your bonus points wont show up 5-6 days after you make the reservation like they normally do for regular rewards mall purchases.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:59 am
Original Poster

I just received a reply via the secure message center regarding the hotels.com vacation packages 3/extra points per dollar deal.

Here is the quoted response from Chase:

"Please note that the bonus rewards on Hotels.com is not
eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes
that are not found on this site. Not eligible until
reservations have been fulfilled. Not eligible on the
purchase of travel packages, flights, or cars. Eligible on
lodging only. Cancellation voids eligibility, even if
non-refundable."
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keaton S. Taylor
I just received a reply via the secure message center regarding the hotels.com vacation packages 3/extra points per dollar deal.

Here is the quoted response from Chase:

If you are worried about them posting, make sure to clear your browser cookies before you click the link in the UR Mall.

Also, you can always double check through secured messaging if they can see the transaction went through the UR Mall.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
Was this ever resolved? I booked a vacation package and it showed up as two charges (one for airfare and the other for hotel). I don't expect to earn 5x on the airfare but would think that the hotel portion should still earn the bonus points….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.