FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1474409-united-mileageplus-explorer-business-card-various-offers-up-100k.html)

whatmakes Jun 13, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks for the link. But how do I know this is the 50,000 bonus miles offer? I don't see it listed anywhere..

Valveking Jun 13, 2013 9:47 am

I just snagged this deal. I did the trick to click on the Club Card and then switch back. The rep confirmed the 50k after 2k spend. Thanks OP.

jsmithv Jun 13, 2013 9:55 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes (Post 20915907)
Thanks for the link. But how do I know this is the 50,000 bonus miles offer? I don't see it listed anywhere..

It won't be anywhere, just like the personal card trick from that thread. Until it can be verified, its for people who are willing to apply anyway because they don't get a 50k offer and worst case, send in a SM to try to match the 50k offer. Hopefully someone tries it, gets instant approval, and then calls to verify the offer and we'll know.

whatmakes Jun 13, 2013 10:44 am

Chase is offering 50k miles in their branch with $2k spend. I'm wondering if it's better just to apply there and get the offer.

jsmithv Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes (Post 20916594)
Chase is offering 50k miles in their branch with $2k spend. I'm wondering if it's better just to apply there and get the offer.

On the business card? Sounds like you are referring to the personal card.

If you follow the instructions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...redit-111.html

you'll get the personal card offer for 1k spend. Countless people in that thread have used the method in post 1654 there and received the bonus miles, myself included, without a landing page for the offer. If you feel better hitting a branch, nothing wrong with that.

whatmakes Jun 13, 2013 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jsmithv (Post 20916639)
On the business card? Sounds like you are referring to the personal card.

If you follow the instructions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...redit-111.html

you'll get the personal card offer for 1k spend. Countless people in that thread have used the method in post 1654 there and received the bonus miles, myself included, without a landing page for the offer. If you feel better hitting a branch, nothing wrong with that.

But the mileage is now only 50k (not 65 like the original post says, right?)

Happy Jun 13, 2013 11:11 am

Can't make it show up. Both accounts have recent activities - either from UR transfer or from e-Reward transfer. Both had personal cards that were gone almost a year. Both accounts have over 400K miles.

So activity is not a factor. But cannot pin down what is blocking it. Last time had no trouble getting the 50+5 personal card to show up.

jsmithv Jun 13, 2013 11:12 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes (Post 20916791)
But the mileage is now only 50k (not 65 like the original post says, right?)

The personal card offer is 50k for 1k spend, get addt'l 5k for adding an AU, then 10k bonus if you spend 25k. you might want to head over to that thread and read the last few pages and ask questions there for that product. good luck,

jsmithv Jun 13, 2013 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 20916802)
Can't make it show up. Both accounts have recent activities - either from UR transfer or from e-Reward transfer. Both had personal cards that were gone almost a year. Both accounts have over 400K miles.

So activity is not a factor. But cannot pin down what is blocking it. Last time had no trouble getting the 50+5 personal card to show up.

I have recent activity and currently have a personal explorer card. My wife has a personal explorer but has no recent activity. I got the offer, my wife didnt. Maybe activity + currently hold personal explorer is a factor.

FindAWay Jun 13, 2013 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 20916802)

Originally Posted by jsmithv (Post 20916832)
I have recent activity and currently have a personal explorer card. My wife has a personal explorer but has no recent activity. I got the offer, my wife didnt. Maybe activity + currently hold personal explorer is a factor.

I'm Premier Silver but haven't had any activity in just over 6 months and I do get the Bus. offer to show.

Here's the direct link when I get to it (what works for me is to open a Chrome Incognito Window, sign-in to United.com, and then paste this link): https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBusiness50kAFW.aspx

FWIW, if I don't sign in to United.com, the above link does NOT work (30k offer appears).

0geek Jun 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Recent paid flight (< a month)
Transfered from UR to United within the last 6 months
I have the personal card
No status

No offer no matter what I try. Odd

SeeBuyFly Jun 13, 2013 1:39 pm

I got a "we need to review..." message after submitting. Is this SOP or do other people get instant approval?

Also, is it a problem for the business to have 0 employees and $0 revenue? This works fine with Citi (ok, 1 employee, the minimum Citi's menu allows, but $0 revenue) but I don't know about Case.

Underachiever Jun 13, 2013 2:25 pm

I just applied for and received the personal united card and a chase ink bold in early April. Do you think I would have a chance to get this as well?

Credit Karma shows me at 748
Credit Sesame at 743

My only worry is my consulting biz still is on the back burner revenue wise (fulltime gig is fine) and I just got a personal and biz card in April.

blitzen Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

United business card: 50k+10k united miles

Just try again I played around for a while and finally it popped up. Can send you a screenshot if needed

jsmithv Jun 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Underachiever (Post 20918034)
I just applied for and received the personal united card and a chase ink bold in early April. Do you think I would have a chance to get this as well?

Credit Karma shows me at 748
Credit Sesame at 743

My only worry is my consulting biz still is on the back burner revenue wise (fulltime gig is fine) and I just got a personal and biz card in April.

Hard to say not knowing all the factors, but if those are all the chase cards you have currently, shouldnt be an issue.