FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1474409-united-mileageplus-explorer-business-card-various-offers-up-100k.html)

amolkold Jun 12, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks, OP. Added to my apps scheduled for soon (as soon as ARS/IDS verify I've frozen them for US Bank!).

webazoid Jun 12, 2013 7:38 am

Originally Posted by drdrew450 (Post 20906943)
this card is prob the best offer out there right now for people that already have a bunch of the best cards, yet we here nothing from the blogs...I don't get it...do they not know?

no kidding. there are posts about swa 50k but none about this. this is the best card for united biz ever. previous was only 30k. since i value UA points the most and end up transferring UR to UA anyways, this is actually a better deal than the 50k sapphire from last year since i only have to spend 2k. free first bag, priority boarding, 2x dinning/gas, no foregin transaction fee, 10k bonus w/ 25k spend, primary cdw...i'm tempted to make this my primary card except for freedom category bonus and ink's 5x office.

how long did it take u guys to get his card? they said they'd close another biz card to open this one but i still see 5k credit limit on closed card online.

romsdeals3 Jun 12, 2013 9:46 am

Couldn't get 50K to show up.. would rather not sending a PM to Chase to match.

blitzen Jun 12, 2013 10:36 am

United business card: 50k+10k united miles

Try again. Otherwise someone should be able to get you a screenshot for matching security

sharka Jun 12, 2013 10:48 am

Originally Posted by blitzen (Post 20909829)
Try again. Otherwise someone should be able to get you a screenshot for matching security

Already a screenshot of this deal on this thread. Just check back 2 pages , post #34

bj2757 Jun 12, 2013 11:52 am

I hadn't planned to try for this one but I got the 50k offer so jumped on it. I've had all the previous personal cards but don't have any right now. Got the dreaded we have to review your application screen - I think that's my first time - guess we'll see what happens :-)

michael_v Jun 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Here is the link for the 50k: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBu...rce=navigation. Try to log into your account at united.com then click on the link.

teammjs Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 20910500)
Here is the link for the 50k: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBu...rce=navigation. Try to log into your account at united.com then click on the link.

Thanks, but still couldn't get it to work.

Really wish I knew their criterion-- sounds like about half of people are getting this to work, but batting 0 for 4 on the family accounts :(

webazoid Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs (Post 20911149)
Thanks, but still couldn't get it to work.

Really wish I knew their criterion-- sounds like about half of people are getting this to work, but batting 0 for 4 on the family accounts :(

Key may be recent account activity. Transfer some miles into your account.

beagleflyer1977 Jun 12, 2013 2:33 pm

No 50k for me, had recent account activity, flew 8 times this year on US Airways... Still showing only 30k, boo

FC ORD Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm

I was able to see the 50K screen (and the first year free Club card screen) and applied this morning online. What convinced me to do the deal is that I have a MileagePlus Club Card that I got the first year free but just received a charge for the second year. Since most of my flying is international, I have lounge access as a star gold, so the 50,000 miles had more appeal than the free year of lounge access.

I called the automated customer service line (800 436-7927) a couple of hours after applying which reported that my application was pending. I then asked to speak to a representative.

Perhaps because I was canceling one personal Chase card with a high credit limit, the process was pretty painless. The rep did ask me five or six questions about my business and finances, but they were easy since I have a S-Corp. About five minutes later I was approved with the old credit limit moving to the new card.

I also am a United 1K and fly a lot of miles and have a significant United airfare spend ($25-$35K per year) if that made any difference in getting the offer or the approval.

Thanks to all of you for making me aware of this great deal. My advice (at least if you have a "legit" business) is to apply online and call if you do not get instant approval. The Chase reps are very friendly and helpful.

jsmithv Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 20911180)
Key may be recent account activity. Transfer some miles into your account.

My only activity was transferring some UR to my united account in March and redeeming those. I do have a personal explorer already. Maybe that matters somehow?

MrMoonlight Jun 12, 2013 3:21 pm

I keep getting 30K myself, however, I am waiting for the end of the month to actually apply in my next AOR.

For those others that are striking out, did anyone consider calling Chase directly to see if they could get the 50K by applying over the phone?

Earlier posters in this thread have suggested that if you apply for the 30K and speak with a CSR afterwards, they will increase the bonus to 50K. If that works, why wouldn't it work if you call before you apply?

webazoid Jun 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv (Post 20911636)
My only activity was transferring some UR to my united account in March and redeeming those. I do have a personal explorer already. Maybe that matters somehow?

I flew once in January, redeemed an award in May, and transferred some UR to UA a few days ago.

Upgrademe731 Jun 12, 2013 3:31 pm

I'm able to get the 50k link to show up, but now getting an error when I try to apply.

Have tried the direct links and workarounds.

The application was loading earlier. Anyone else experiencing this?