FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1474409-united-mileageplus-explorer-business-card-various-offers-up-100k.html)

waingro Sep 3, 2014 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by kqxqx (Post 23470679)
Same here, I guess it is related to your United status.

Could be. I'm Premier Silver and I got it to show 50k for me.

EDIT: nevermind. My wife has no status and can see the 50k offer as well.

Happy Sep 3, 2014 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by kqxqx (Post 23470679)
Same here, I guess it is related to your United status.

Has nothing to do with the status.

Peon with UA but husband can see the 50K offer.

tomcanada22 Sep 7, 2014 1:13 am

Originally Posted by FTRox87 (Post 23466891)
I did... tried a bunch of other things as well that I could think of but always gets redirected to the 30k.

Same here. Always got the 30k offer no matter what browser trick I used.
Finally gave up and applied using the 30k link 2 mths ago. Got instant approved with 10k credit limit. Then tried to SM to match the better 50k offer but got turned down as rep said the 50k offer is a targeted offer and needed the promo code (which I didn't have). Not sure if I pursue this further with maybe another SM in a week or just call CS ?

Also wanted to apply for the personal United card again as it is now 50k with another 5k for AU. My previous app was over 2 yrs ago. Heard it was not possible to get the personal bonus if already have the United Biz bonus, but since I only got the 30k with biz, wonder if it's possible to get the 50k with the personal?

davecndn Sep 8, 2014 3:44 pm

Interested in united Bus. card 50-60k mileage offer

Hi guys. I have personal card for united but I can apply for a small business card but I am only interested in applying if I can get the 50-60k offer.

Any ideas how I can best go about this?

Deltahater Sep 8, 2014 4:10 pm

well, the easiest way to google it. :D
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

The second way is to go to any travel related blog and they will inundate you with offers.

Or you get the chase ink card and then convert your UR points to UA miles.

philemer Sep 8, 2014 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by davecndn (Post 23495210)
Hi guys. I have personal card for united but I can apply for a small business card but I am only interested in applying if I can get the 50-60k offer.

Any ideas how I can best go about this?

Now that we've got you into the correct thread I'd suggest reading the Wiki and the last 40-50 posts. Good luck.

oddhack Sep 20, 2014 3:37 am

Got the card, but no 50k/2k bonus listed

So I did get approved (after reducing the limit on another Chase card) and did receive the card today. However, the cover letter with the card does not mention the 50k/2k bonus at all (nor any similar miles/spend bonus). I kept copies of the web pages via which I submitted the application and they call out the 50k/2k bonues prominently.

Did anyone else have this problem? I haven't called Chase yet to try and sort this out but am wondering if they just aren't mentioning the bonus on the cover letter, or are actually denying it.

davecndn Sep 20, 2014 11:42 am

Originally Posted by oddhack (Post 23554393)
So I did get approved (after reducing the limit on another Chase card) and did receive the card today. However, the cover letter with the card does not mention the 50k/2k bonus at all (nor any similar miles/spend bonus). I kept copies of the web pages via which I submitted the application and they call out the 50k/2k bonues prominently.

Did anyone else have this problem? I haven't called Chase yet to try and sort this out but am wondering if they just aren't mentioning the bonus on the cover letter, or are actually denying it.

I think you have to spend $1000 within 3 mos

zaxon Sep 20, 2014 11:50 pm

chase united mp card

hi
i got 50k miles from my personal united mp card, can i apply for the business version now and get 30k-50k miles? or do i have to wait 24 months?
i know the amex spg card you can get starwood points for both personal and business cards.
thanks

oddhack Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Originally Posted by davecndn (Post 23555806)
I think you have to spend $1000 within 3 mos

In my case the offer was for $2000 within 3 months.

Apparently Chase is not printing the terms of the 50k/2k (or 50k/1k or 30k/1k or whatever) bonus on the materials they send out, since the rep I talked to said that many people were calling in to verify. But they did verify the terms.

haterus Sep 26, 2014 8:40 am

Bonus miles for MP Bus Explorer card ?

In August I got a MP Explorer individual card and received my sign up bonus miles when I had met the spending requirement. In Sept I got a MP Explorer Bus. card. Since I have received my United Club Passes and membership guide for this business card is this an indication that I might also receive the sign up bonus miles for the card?

anime333 Oct 5, 2014 2:01 am

So it looks like the only way to get the benefits of the card on a flight that was booked without the card is to hope that the person checking you in at the airport dukes it to you when you flash the card?

Is that the case, or is there any way you can know for certain before entering the airport. The reason I ask is I am considering checking in a bag if there is no fee.

thm1223 Oct 7, 2014 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by tomcanada22 (Post 23486979)
Same here. Always got the 30k offer no matter what browser trick I used.
Finally gave up and applied using the 30k link 2 mths ago. Got instant approved with 10k credit limit. Then tried to SM to match the better 50k offer but got turned down as rep said the 50k offer is a targeted offer and needed the promo code (which I didn't have). Not sure if I pursue this further with maybe another SM in a week or just call CS ?

Also wanted to apply for the personal United card again as it is now 50k with another 5k for AU. My previous app was over 2 yrs ago. Heard it was not possible to get the personal bonus if already have the United Biz bonus, but since I only got the 30k with biz, wonder if it's possible to get the 50k with the personal?

Yes I have the same problem. Have tried multiple browsers from multiple computers with no luck. :/

michael_v Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am

Originally Posted by anime333 (Post 23628291)
So it looks like the only way to get the benefits of the card on a flight that was booked without the card is to hope that the person checking you in at the airport dukes it to you when you flash the card?

Is that the case, or is there any way you can know for certain before entering the airport. The reason I ask is I am considering checking in a bag if there is no fee.

Is the MP number associated with the cc entered in the reservation?

You can try to check-in online 24 hours prior to the flight and go as far as entering no of bags and see if it charges you.

Edit to add: when I view my reservation on united.com, if I scroll down, there is a section "Checking bags for this itinerary" where it says exactly how much for first and second checked bag. But first make sure you MP number is on the reservation.

cacraig Nov 17, 2014 11:16 am

It is not tied to status, or browser. It is strictly targeted based on account. I logged into my wife's account and saw the 50k offer. When I logged into mine, I saw the 30k offer.

I verified this process several times.