Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Do you get Ultimate Rewards if you pay your credit card early?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

I have a Chase Freedom card that is set to automatic payment with my Chase check account.

Every month 15th, it will automatically deduct from my account.

If I choose to go into my Chase account and override the automatic payment, I have 4 options to choose:
1. Pay the statement balance.
2. Pay the current balance
3. Pay the minimum.
4. Other amount.

I believe the automatic payment system deduct whatever the amount is in the statement balance, once deducted UR points will be credit. (correct me if I am wrong).

What if I choose to pay off the current balance. Will I get UR points for all the current balance that I pay early?

Or put it in the simple way, will Chase reward you points for paying all your credit card early?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by watermen
I have a Chase Freedom card that is set to automatic payment with my Chase check account.

Every month 15th, it will automatically deduct from my account.

If I choose to go into my Chase account and override the automatic payment, I have 4 options to choose:
1. Pay the statement balance.
2. Pay the current balance
3. Pay the minimum.
4. Other amount.

I believe the automatic payment system deduct whatever the amount is in the statement balance, once deducted UR points will be credit. (correct me if I am wrong).

What if I choose to pay off the current balance. Will I get UR points for all the current balance that I pay early?

Or put it in the simple way, will Chase reward you points for paying all your credit card early?
you will get the total amount of UR based on your spending during the billing period regardless when you pay the bill (before it's late)
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:15 am

Yes you get the full balance of points you earned regardless of when or how you paid. Even if you didn't pay in full and carried a balance you would still get the full net amount of points earned.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpark1982
Yes you get the full balance of points you earned regardless of when or how you paid. Even if you didn't pay in full and carried a balance you would still get the full net amount of points earned.
Thanks for replying.

If my credit limit is only $2000 and I reach my limit after 1 week and pay it off immediately, then I spent another $2000 the next week and pay it off right away. I will still get 4000 points right. Asuming $1 is 1 point.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Thanks for replying.

If my credit limit is only $2000 and I reach my limit after 1 week and pay it off immediately, then I spent another $2000 the next week and pay it off right away. I will still get 4000 points right. Asuming $1 is 1 point.
Yes you will get credit for what you charged including any bonus points.
Just be careful about maxing out any CC it's not good for your credit rating. You might try calling Chase and seeing if they would raise your credit limit?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:35 am

Thanks for replying.

Yes, my Freedom started out at a $2,000 limit. When it was my only Chase I would pay the current balance every Friday to free up more credit. It was after I received my 2nd, 3rd, etc Chase card that I only had to pay every month.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpark1982
Yes, my Freedom started out at a $2,000 limit. When it was my only Chase I would pay the current balance every Friday to free up more credit. It was after I received my 2nd, 3rd, etc Chase card that I only had to pay every month.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:20 pm

In the past, there has been glitches where paying early only rewarded the final outstanding balance for UR points. So check every once in a while to make sure they post correctly.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I've paid my credit card throughout the cycle when it's been close to the limit to free up some of the credit line and didn't have a problem receiving the full points due based on the dollar amount of the purchases. You don't however get the points early - you only get them after that statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.