FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   UR to United transfer is not reliably instant. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1462713-ur-united-transfer-not-reliably-instant.html)

PHL_Intl. May 7, 2020 6:39 am

Just took about 36 hours for my UR transfer. Luckily award prices didn't change.

wanderlustFL Jan 10, 2021 11:21 am

Quite a shock to find out the transfers to United are not always immediate. I did two transfers yesterday (1/9) at noontime, big (237k) and little (37k). Well, of course the little transaction was done immediately. 24 hrs+ and still waiting on the larger transaction to post. In the past, I have done at least 4 other transfers to UAL, and all were instantaneous. Lack of reliability in transfer time is a big disadvantage to this program. I am glad I am not seeking a unicorn award. The bloggers pushing these cards almost never disclose this risk. Well, at least I know now.

Update Monday Jan 11: Early this morning, the missing batch of miles posted to my account. Approx lag time 36-44 hours.

RNE Jan 17, 2021 9:30 am

Maybe it's a glitch in the client-side app. Maybe if you called United, they can see the miles in the account. Maybe the CSR can book your award flight. Maybe.

friedablass Jan 17, 2021 11:42 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 32974838)
Maybe it's a glitch in the client-side app. Maybe if you called United, they can see the miles in the account. Maybe the CSR can book your award flight. Maybe.

When it happened to me United saw nothing before I did. And they can't book the flight without the miles there.

KaliFlyer Jun 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Transfer from UR to United. Requested on 6/8 in the afternoon and still pending as of today, 72 hours later.

TravelForum Sep 21, 2021 6:55 am

Ultimate Rewards Transfer Times to Partners Questions

Good morning,

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the United Airlines section, so if it needs to be moved, I respect that.

Yesterday (~25 hours ago), I transferred 85,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards from my wife's account to MY United MileagePlus Account. We are in the same household, making this a completely legal transaction in all ways and doesn't circumvent any fine print. In the past, these transfers were instant, but yet, here we are over a day later and the miles still have not arrived in my United Account.

1. Has anyone else had this type of delay in a similar situation? If so, how long did it take?

2. If I need to start pounding on some doors, does anyone have a number I should call? *i.e. - is this a Chase problem or a United problem? If it's Chase, whom do I call and speak with to get it resolved?

If anyone else has any advice or question, I'm all ears. I'm just not used to it taking this long -- a day and counting. The impatience in me is kicking in :D

Sincerely,

TravelForum Sep 21, 2021 8:55 am

Originally Posted by KaliFlyer (Post 33321683)
Transfer from UR to United. Requested on 6/8 in the afternoon and still pending as of today, 72 hours later.

Did they ever post? If so, how long did it take?

Did you have to contact anyone at Chase or United?

Thanks!

pallhedge Sep 21, 2021 9:49 am

Originally Posted by TravelForum (Post 33584643)
We are in the same household, making this a completely legal transaction in all ways and doesn't circumvent any fine print.

I respectfully disagree, unless your are an AU on your wife's account. Being in the same household is not a factor for UR to travel partner transfers.

TravelForum Sep 21, 2021 10:16 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge (Post 33585076)
I respectfully disagree, unless your are an AU on your wife's account. Being in the same household is not a factor for UR to travel partner transfers.

Okay, and I'm an Authorized User on the account.

My name was on the drop-down box and I'm authorized to have the points deposited into my United MileagePlus account. So, my question stands. How long should I wait before contacting someone at Chase and who would be the best person to contact?

mia Sep 21, 2021 11:06 am

Originally Posted by TravelForum (Post 33585152)
... How long should I wait before contacting someone at Chase....

About a week:

How long does it take for points to transfer?
Most point transfer requests process instantly. However, timing varies depending on the participating frequent travel program and can sometimes take up to 7 business days. We'll let you know if your point transfer request can't be completed.
https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase....q?item=1900005

TravelForum Sep 21, 2021 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 33585273)

Thank you, mia. I'll try to be patient. I've just never had this happen before.

Sincerely,

TravelForum Sep 22, 2021 6:32 am

Update:

For a Data Point -- The UR points posted to the United MileagePlus account in approximately 48 hours (they were there when I woke up this morning).

Cheers,

naumank Sep 22, 2021 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by TravelForum (Post 33587478)
Update:

For a Data Point -- The UR points posted to the United MileagePlus account in approximately 48 hours (they were there when I woke up this morning).

Cheers,

Wow. It used to take a few seconds.

mia Sep 23, 2021 4:11 am

Originally Posted by naumank (Post 33589746)
Wow. It used to take a few seconds.

It will still take a few seconds most of the time. The lesson of this thread is that the processing time varies, and we shouldn't take for granted that the transfer will be completed in real time on every occasion.

TravelForum Sep 23, 2021 6:31 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 33590009)
It will still take a few seconds most of the time. The lesson of this thread is that the processing time varies, and we shouldn't take for granted that the transfer will be completed in real time on every occasion.

You've hit the nail on the head.

I've probably transferred points in this exact same fashion (to UA) 10-15 times in my life and all other times it was instant. So, roughly 10% of the time, there may be a delay of a day or two (or more?). Allow time for a 'just in case' moment if you are looking to book a ticket.

Cheers