FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   UR to United transfer is not reliably instant. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1462713-ur-united-transfer-not-reliably-instant.html)

UA Fan Mar 19, 2014 10:57 am

Here is my experience:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...points-ua.html

billatq Mar 24, 2014 7:32 pm

There is a particular old quirk with UA's site that exists from the CO days where the front-end sometimes displays a cached value for your balance, but the back-end system knows the right value.

Since I think this is keyed to the session cookie, the easiest way to force a refresh is to log out and log back in, or use private browsing to get another cookie.

footastic Mar 26, 2014 2:27 pm

I see this commonly with transfers into UA.. Quick clearing of the cache fixes the problem typically..

Originally Posted by billatq (Post 22581854)
There is a particular old quirk with UA's site that exists from the CO days where the front-end sometimes displays a cached value for your balance, but the back-end system knows the right value.

Since I think this is keyed to the session cookie, the easiest way to force a refresh is to log out and log back in, or use private browsing to get another cookie.

slice Jun 16, 2015 9:40 am

Transferred 55k while on hold with UA trying to re-ticket an award from Y > J. That was a few hours ago. Very frustrating as this was within 24 hours of original ticketing and thus could have been done for free.

Now I'll have to wait for miles to show up, hope that space is still there, and then pay the fee. :td::td:

For those that have had delays, is it ever hours? Seems reports are that transfers occur either instantaneously or take several days, not much in between.

pointchaser93 Jun 16, 2015 11:40 am

Originally Posted by slice (Post 24978472)
Transferred 55k while on hold with UA trying to re-ticket an award from Y > J. That was a few hours ago. Very frustrating as this was within 24 hours of original ticketing and thus could have been done for free.

Now I'll have to wait for miles to show up, hope that space is still there, and then pay the fee. :td::td:

For those that have had delays, is it ever hours? Seems reports are that transfers occur either instantaneously or take several days, not much in between.

I did a transfer to UA last week and it took about 5 hours. Didn't really hinder my ability to book the award but theoretically it could if there is very limited availability and someone scooped it up in that window.

slice Jun 16, 2015 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by pointchaser93 (Post 24979244)
I did a transfer to UA last week and it took about 5 hours. Didn't really hinder my ability to book the award but theoretically it could if there is very limited availability and someone scooped it up in that window.

The points showed up. About 5 hours here too.

The one I did yesterday was instantaneous.

demkr Aug 5, 2015 8:00 am

Point transfers for me have always been instant. However, I notice that recently if I use UR points to book a flight through the portal, I have had to manually call them to ask that they ticket the reservation through United. Very frustrating.

winsteven13 Aug 5, 2015 8:32 am

Usually instant for me, you just need to log out and back in.

ASUDan130 Oct 5, 2015 7:12 am

Transferred some points last night into my UA account and this time took 16 hrs.

jlsf Dec 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Transferred 55k miles and it took just under 3 days.

UR showed the transfer as instantaneous, but UA did not and could do nothing about it.

Might be because transfer occurred on a Friday afternoon.

Caused me to book my reservations inside of 21 days and incur the $75 fee per ticket.

iceman77_7 May 7, 2016 11:31 am

Tried to transfer last night to take advantage of the discounted Hawaii awards, but the system was down for transfers to United. Put it on a 3 day farelock and transferred UR->UA this morning and for the first time it was not instant. Still waiting for the miles to post 1.5 hours later. Hope this is one of the few hour waits, not the few day ones...

atcanobbio May 8, 2016 1:01 am

Originally Posted by iceman77_7 (Post 26590144)
Tried to transfer last night to take advantage of the discounted Hawaii awards, but the system was down for transfers to United. Put it on a 3 day farelock and transferred UR->UA this morning and for the first time it was not instant. Still waiting for the miles to post 1.5 hours later. Hope this is one of the few hour waits, not the few day ones...

ugh i noticed transfers to UA and some other partners are unavailable atm (12:01am pst 5/8). I hope it's just routine maintenance.

iceman77_7 May 8, 2016 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 26592142)
ugh i noticed transfers to UA and some other partners are unavailable atm (12:01am pst 5/8). I hope it's just routine maintenance.

Looks like it's back up. If you transfer to UA, can you post if it's instant or not? Still waiting on my transfer from yesterday AM.

Txstars Sep 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by billatq (Post 22581854)

Just another DP for everyone.. kept refreshing my page over and over after about 30 minutes of transferring.. and nothing. Went into chrome incognito mode and it showed up instantly. Logged back in on non-incognito mode afterwards and still didn't show up.

Go incognito (or delete cookies?)

Milwaukee Dec 23, 2016 1:41 pm

Another data point: I transferred 106K to UA instantly. DW had 18 hour wait for 36K to UA (using her own separate account).