Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Account number was stolen before the first statement closed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+

They said points will transfer but has anyone had experience with this ?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This has nothing to do with Chase and everything to do with where you used the card, including online. Account numbers are changed all the time and for all kinds of reasons. Your account hasn't been closed, it's simply that the "stolen" account # has been disabled and you've been issued a new one.

You will receive a new card with the new # and, in due course, everything about the old # will populate for the new #.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 4:30 pm

This happened to me last week also. I had only had the card about 2 weeks. Luckily, I check my accounts on almost a daily basis and caught the charges as they were still pending (4 of them at a grocery store in Florida. I am in AZ).

I was actually very pleased with the service from Chase. They didn't even question me on the charges. They immediately removed the charges and reissued the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.