Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UA Explorer benefits without purchasing from United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, TYN

Recently received an email (unfortunately not still available) from UA to the effect that Explorer Card benefits (priority boarding, free baggage allowance, etc.) are available ONLY if the tickets are purchased using that credit card directly from UAL. In the past, we have bought from UR website and have had no problem getting those benefits.

Is this something new? Any one else get this Email?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I know you can buy with any card and the benefit shows up. When I got the card an old reservation booked with a different card started showing 1 free bag allowed. I think (pure speculation) United just puts a flag on your FF# when you have the card. If you can attach your FF# to the reservation it will probably work.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I got mail indicating that. For a nye flight purchased in nov I paid taxes on a flight with my select card and still received complimentary baggage. Not sure if they changed this moving forward. I always thought is was linked to your mp#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.