Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-consolidated-chase-ba-visa-now-50k-75k-100k.html

The 100K offer with staggered spend is live again. (9/17/15)

Additional discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-75k-100k.html

50K, 75K or 100K offer https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X

Public link on Chase.com
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...H0&list=4,2,1&

50,000 Avios after $2000 in purchases within the first 3 months
25,000 Avios after an additional $8000 in purchases within the first year
25,000 Avios after an additional $10000 in purchases within the first year
(Thus, a total of $20000 spend for 100,000 Avios)

Annual fee $95 NOT waived
Card earns 1 Avios/$ on everyday spend

Warning: Avios do not work like other types of miles and points
The British Airways system is distance based, priced per segment, with very high fees and fuel surcharges possible, depending on the airline flown. In particular, redemptions for British Airways flights are often the worst value. Therefore, one of the most popular uses of points is for short-haul flights on partner airlines.

Make sure you understand the program thoroughly before you apply for this card, as whining may be considered off-topic. Most questions and advice have already been given within this thread.

See also:
Your guide to spending Avios | 2014
Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
Print Wikipost

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by rrgg
I kept my BA Visa for 2 years and closed it in 2012. For some reason it still shows up on the Chase website with other visas and a mortgage but is shown as "closed." It also gets updated every month with new due dates and closing dates, despite being closed for 1.5+ years. I know I can hide it, but that's not the same as seeing it drop off the website.

Minimum Payment Due $0.00
Next Payment Due Date 07/14/2014
Last Payment Amount $65.00
Last Payment Posted Date 11/08/2012
Total Credit Limit $9,000.00
Last Statement Date 11/16/2012
Next Closing Date 07/16/2014

Is this normal?

(I ask because I thought I'd someday try to get the 100k again if offered. With this sitting in my account it may prevent that.)
You are no exception. I have the same issue, but with a United card.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by carofly
When I asked Chase they said the account really is closed, but they leave it in that state for 3-4 years so that I may look up transactions or whatever. Even if they remove it from the website for me it stays this way. (One funny thing is BA sent me the recent 10% offer for their Visa holders, so maybe BA still thinks I have it.)
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by mx2
I applied for the 100k card. Got the first 50k after $2k spend. Was going for $20k spend, but for some reason I received another 50k bonus after only $5k spend total!

Has this happened to anyone else?

What do I do now? Should I still try to hit $20k to possibly get another 50k miles?

Can they (and do they) take the miles back if they awarded them in error?
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
I think they made an error and you are the beneficiary of it.. If I were you, I would still go for the 10k spend, but not email then/contact them if I don't get it after the spend.. no point drawing their attention to it.. if you get another 25k after you finish 10k in total, then got for 20k, otherwise drop it.. you got nothing to lose by spending another 5k on the card and finding out..
Same thing happened to me. Any update as to whether additional 25k bonii will be forthcoming upon hitting 10k and 20k spend thresholds?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by carofly
you can hide closed accounts in "account settings" show/hide accounts.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:58 am

Is this card worth paying the $95 annual fee? I have 125k points but I'm sure I can find other ways to extend the expiration date if I cancel the card.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by rtraveler
Is this card worth paying the $95 annual fee? I have 125k points but I'm sure I can find other ways to extend the expiration date if I cancel the card.
Standard retention offer has been 9k avios for $2K spend in 90days. If you use avios for short, domestic runs - this is excellent value.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: Still working on being loyal
Do you call in looking to cancel and they offer that in lieu of the fee, or do you call in requesting some type of retention bonus?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Isn't there a 50k offer out there right now? I'm debating whether it's worth applying for this card. I would mainly be looking at using points for short domestic flights between Chicago and my home regional airport on American Eagle, but not sure if that would even work or what availability is ever like...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.