Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Note that combining the card accounts into a single login does NOT combine the points balances. Each card has a separate rewards account, and the points must be manually combined. There is no way to avoid this. Consolidating the accounts to a single login may make the process slightly easier the first time, but it still must be done manually.

Last edited by mia; Jun 4, 2018 at 11:24 am
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
So I need to combine my personal Freedom accounts with my business Ink account. But should I wait to do this when I get my Sapphire card. I'm not even sure when I'll get the Sapphire as I'm waiting on a better signup bonus for the CSR card in particular. Because not sure how it will work once I get the Sapphire. If it will be more of a pain or so.
I have had no issues combining points to my business acct from any of my personal account(s). I've just made a habit of combining points to the premier cards where it's easier to keep track of all of them in one account.

If you're signing up for more Chase CCs, make sure to read Greg's article https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...to-avoid-them/
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
The timing shouldn't really matter, but why is it that you feel you "need" to combine your accounts?
Originally Posted by mia
Note that combining the card accounts into a single login does NOT combine the points balances. Each card has a separate rewards account, and the points must be manually combined. There is no way to avoid this. Consolidating the accounts to a single login may make the process slightly easier the first time, but it still must be done manually.
Okay I guess it's not a need to combine. Then how does it work when I'm ready to use the points for travel?

Thanks for the link also.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:44 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Okay I guess it's not a need to combine. Then how does it work when I'm ready to use the points for travel?
See this thread, start by reading the Wikipost at the top:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...solidated.html
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold
Is there a way to do this online now with both personal and business using the new online interface? I know there's not really any benefit besides having only one login, but I really hate having two accounts to log into.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
This might be a bit of a n00b question, but is it possible to have Chase Business cards under the same login as personal cards? Or must they be kept separate?
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by Isochronous
....possible to have Chase Business cards under the same login as personal cards?
Yes. Ask customer service to merge the personal accounts into the business Username. It cannot be done the other way around. The personal Username will still be functional to view only the personal accounts.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:58 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia
Ask customer service to merge the personal accounts into the business Username.
Someone recently pointed out to me that this can be done online now. Log into the business account, then the click path is: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts

You should see Personal accounts listed there, with an option to "Link relationship"
mia likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:32 pm

How about cards under 2 different LLC names (but otherwise in the name of the same person using same SSN) - do I need a separate login?
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Someone recently pointed out to me that this can be done online now. Log into the business account, then the click path is: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts

You should see Personal accounts listed there, with an option to "Link relationship"
Update - was able to link personal account, no issues. Option to link the other LLC was also there but when I clicked the 'link accounts' button it then errored out. Wonder if I have to make a new login for it first perhaps?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:57 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The Secure Message boxes do not seem to merge

Just noticed, after linking accounts, that I still have two separate Inboxes for Secure Messages. In order to see messages regarding my personal cards, I still have to log in to my old personal account.

Is this the same for everyone? It might be time for us to put a few FAQs into a wiki.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.