Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Sapphire Preferred upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Chase Sapphire Preferred upgrade

Need assistance please.

I had a CSP last year and just this May I downgraded to the Chase Sapphire to avoid the annual fee. Today I received a letter for an offer to upgrade to CSP. I will receive 2500 bonus points and a $0 annual fee for the lst year than $95 afterwards....

I already received the lst year free with the CSP which I cancelled in May 2012. Will I receive another $0 annual fee plus the 2500 bonus points? Will there be a credit report pull?

What is the catch?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:41 pm

Sounds like a retention bonus coming a little late. The typical retention bonus for the CSP is in the range of 2500-3500 points. Your offer is better in that it also waives the AF. Verify on phone with two different agents and go for it!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

When I call to confirm, should I let CSR know that I had CSP before?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:21 pm

I wouldn't. Since you have the offer in writing and are confirming it over phone, there is no need to provide any more information than you need to.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:34 pm

So I received the offer to upgrade my Sapphire to a Preferred card too, with the 2500 UR bonus and waived AF. But I just got the CSP card two months ago...any chance I can take the bonus? Or is that just getting too greedy?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Vhflyer
So I received the offer to upgrade my Sapphire to a Preferred card too, with the 2500 UR bonus and waived AF. But I just got the CSP card two months ago...any chance I can take the bonus? Or is that just getting too greedy?
How would you go about doing that? You call in and say you got an offer and they are going to look at your account and see no reg just the pref. It sounds like who ever mailed it had an old list. Unless I'm not understanding you...
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:41 am

My first post here. My Sapphire reached the first anniversary this month. I'd like to consider upgrading to CSP if I receive an invitation with bonus, but not sure if Chase provides any offers for upgrade... Does anyone know?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by cat2010
My first post here. My Sapphire reached the first anniversary this month. I'd like to consider upgrading to CSP if I receive an invitation with bonus, but not sure if Chase provides any offers for upgrade... Does anyone know?
You could dig around the CSP benefits thread. There was a public looking link for a free upgrade to CSP for a year. I was going to downgrade and then try that for another year...
Old May 19, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Received this offer by email today
Upgrade and get a $50 bonus statement credit

Explore new rewards, added benefits and more ways to earn points when you upgrade your card to Sapphire Preferred.

Through 8/31/2022, get a $50 statement credit as an upgrade bonus after your first purchase.1

Upgrade today to access the full suite of Sapphire Preferred benefits, including a 10% Anniversary Points Bonus.3

There's no credit check required to upgrade. As long as you continue to meet our credit criteria, your upgrade request will be approved and your new card benefits will take effect in up to four business days. You'll also receive a letter in the mail covering all the details of your upgraded card. This offer with a bonus statement credit is valid until 8/31/2022.

Request upgrade
$95 annual fee
Originally opened as a Sapphire Preferred at the end of 2019 and downgraded past 1st anniversary, worth doing as I'm still under the 48-month rule? Only attractive difference is the dining 3x
Old May 20, 2022, 1:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
.... Only attractive difference is the dining 3x
Also a feature of the free Freedom Unlimited card.

https://creditcards.chase.com/cash-b...edom/unlimited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.