Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Please continue discussion in this thread: [2015 onward]How many Chase cards do you/can you have?
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:42 pm

At max, I've only had four from Chase. Right now, just have 2.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:29 am

!

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
It would be interesting to see the limits folks have on each card (since Chase is so good about reallocation of limits); especially for those with 5 or more cards.

ETA: I'll start

CSP 25K
Palladium 40K
Fairmont 60K
WOWWWEEEE! I have 3 Chase cards (just started in on this whole credit cards for miles/points last year) and my credit limit on the last card (SW Plus) was only $1,000. Didn't really care since I was getting it for the miles, but it's so low. I've recently gotten hubby into it, and am annoyed that he keeps getting higher credit limits than me! I've got excellent credit, and make more money (per hour) than he does, but since I'm only working part time after the arrival of our first child, his income is larger than mine.

I can't actually picture any scenario where I receive a 60K credit limit on a card. NICE!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
It would be interesting to see the limits folks have on each card (since Chase is so good about reallocation of limits); especially for those with 5 or more cards.

ETA: I'll start

CSP 25K
Palladium 40K
Fairmont 60K
Haha, I realized I didn't actually answer the question from the post.

I'm in my early 30's with a modest part-time income, and I've got the following cards/limits:

CSP 13k
Hyatt 20k
SW Plus 1k (so sad, right? I can't hardly get airline tickets for the family for under 1k)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
wonder anyone here got more than 6 or 7? Does Chase has a limit after certain number no matter what they won't approve any more new card?
Total of 8 - 2biz, 6personal.

Biz:
Ink Bold
SW

Per:
SW
UA Club
UA Exp
Amazon
Hyatt
Sapphire
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Total of 8 - 2biz, 6personal.

Biz:
Ink Bold
SW

Per:
SW
UA Club
UA Exp
Amazon
Hyatt
Sapphire
do you have time lines on those cards? Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ziglet19
WOWWWEEEE! I have 3 Chase cards (just started in on this whole credit cards for miles/points last year) and my credit limit on the last card (SW Plus) was only $1,000. Didn't really care since I was getting it for the miles, but it's so low. I've recently gotten hubby into it, and am annoyed that he keeps getting higher credit limits than me! I've got excellent credit, and make more money (per hour) than he does, but since I'm only working part time after the arrival of our first child, his income is larger than mine.

I can't actually picture any scenario where I receive a 60K credit limit on a card. NICE!
The 60k limit was after a credit limit increase request from the initial approval of 15K. The CSP limit resulted from combining now-closed card limits. I also reallocated some no-closed cards' limits to Palladium.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
4 personal:
CSP
Marriott Premier
Freedom
British Airways

1 Business:
Ink Classic
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:43 pm

i have 5 all this year too!
sapphire preferred
southwest
united
british
hyatt
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Starting with an existing Chase Slate card, I have added the following this week:

Hyatt
Marriott
Fairmont
IHG/Priority Club

I also added an SPG Amex, BofA Virgin Atlantic and Citi HHonors Reserve this week to boot. It took some shifting of some credit limits on the chase cards (seriously, some of the credit limits were in excess of $20K and I rarely go over $1K in spending!). Have to say the Chase reconsideration line was most helpful. Most of the cards have benefits I am willing to pay the annual fee for (like HHonors Gold status) and the SPG Amex is just a great one to have.

I would have gone for Citi AAdvantage as well, but I already have three cards (one of them has 20+ years of history).
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by liw5215
do you have time lines on those cards? Thanks
The time line is scattered a bit. I've had others: BA, CO, a different UA, another INK - those were closed to make room. I have only had Chase cards for about 2.5 yrs.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:05 am

Barclay:
- US Air

BOA:
- Virgin America
- Hawaiian Air 1 (BOA)
- Hawaiian Air 2 (BOH)
- BankAmericard
- some college alumni card

Chase:
- United Explorer
- Freedom

Citi:
- 3x AAdvantage
- Dividend Select

Probably get started on the business cards haha
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:11 pm

Ink bold

Personal
Chase freedom
Chase ba
Chase saphire.
I need to catch up all those cards was in 2012.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:14 am

Only 3, but I'm happy with these three -

Chase Sapphire
Priority Club
United Airline
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Today I got two more cards from chase, total 8 in 7 months.

After 3 months waiting, I pulled the trigger again. The only cards I like are all from chase. I am not churner of the credit card. I just like their product.

Three months ago, I posted about my experience to get 3 chase cards in one day. Some people just do not believe that.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ase-cards.html

Today's experience confirmed my view of chase policy: as long as you really need and use chase credit cards, and you have ability to pay for it, there is no specific limit how many cards you can get from chase.

Today I got priority club card and ink plus. All were under review first. After 5-10 minutes call with reconsideration line, both got approved without any trouble. They did ask why I need so many chase cards. I said from this feb I opened checking and saving accounts with chase. Your banker introduced me so many fantanstic credit card products. I applied for your cards every three months and I really need them and use them. You can check my account statement. I moved almost all my spending to chase cards. Every month I spent at least 50k on your credit cards and never missed payment.

That's it. They said they really appreciate my business and your card has been approved.

some background:my credit score ranged from 680 to 710 and short credit history.

Priority Club card is nice since I abandoned my marriott card and changed to intercontinental and hyatt. Usually I use PC point redemption to pay for my stay. This card has 10% for redemption and platinum membership. That is just what I want.

I like ink bold so much because of 5 points per dollar on office supply. But there is only 50k limit per year. That is not enough for my spending. Ink plus is almost same product except it is a credit card.

I entered points and miles world from this febuary and learned a lot from this forum. Almost all my air tickets and hotels were paid by points since then. I really appreciate the information I got here. Thank you all.

Last edited by Daniel on the way; Sep 7, 2012 at 10:05 am
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
After 3 months waiting, I pulled the trigger again. The only cards I like are all from chase. I am not churner of the credit card. I just like their product.
It is amazing. It seems that as long as you are a big spender you can get any credit card you want.

Last edited by mia; Sep 8, 2012 at 11:23 am Reason: Prune quotation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.