Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Please continue discussion in this thread: [2015 onward]How many Chase cards do you/can you have?
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:54 pm

chase these days generally will not approve you for more than 1 card every 6 months
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dchoe
chase these days generally will not approve you for more than 1 card every 6 months
thats actually been loosened a tad recently.

i have a similar credit profile as the OP. I applied for the CO 50k MC on 1/24/11 and was instantly approved. About 5 minutes ago i applied for the PC 80k MC and was also instantly approved
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by dchoe
It's been my experience that you can get TWO cards every 6 months with Chase. If the OP has no new Chase cards w/in the last 6 months I'd apply for two now.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by philemer
It's been my experience that you can get TWO cards every 6 months with Chase. If the OP has no new Chase cards w/in the last 6 months I'd apply for two now.
Thanks! I applied for the 80K PC & 50K CO. Both got the 30 day response. Will apply for Hyatt & something else (Chase) 6 months later.

I have 2 chase cards that used to be WAMU. Perfect pay history. I keep those for credit history as I applied for them in 2006.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chemist661

I have 2 chase cards that used to be WAMU. Perfect pay history. I keep those for credit history as I applied for them in 2006.
OK - this could be an issue.... i'm not sure if they'll let you have 3 cards open from chase.

i'd call them with your reference and see what you can do over the phone. you may have to move some credit lines or cancel one of the cards
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by freeloader
OK - this could be an issue.... i'm not sure if they'll let you have 3 cards open from chase.
Not a problem...I have the Chase United, British Airways and IC Priority Club cards and I've been bombarded by them for the Continental and Hyatt cards.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by freeloader
Originally Posted by christianj
Not a problem...I have the Chase United, British Airways and IC Priority Club cards and I've been bombarded by them for the Continental and Hyatt cards.
Agree, having three cards in itself is not a problem. I've had as many as five, and currently have four cards from Chase.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: American, Delta, United
Chase-How many accounts are currently allowed?

I have researched similar threads on FT but nothing comes up recently so here goes my question. I'm interested in the new Chase Marriott card offer. I currently have 3 Chase accounts (Priority Club, Sapphire, and Southwest) with about $2,000 per month charged monthly on the three cards. The PC card is old, Sapphire is from the late spring 2011 and the Southwest card is from this summer. How long should I wait to apply for the Marriott card? Will Chase give me 4 accounts (my FICO is 792)? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Happy travels!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I have 5 worse case scenerio if you don't get approved one phone called to a Csr and they should be able to move credit lines .
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: American, Delta, United
Originally Posted by bilah1
I have 5 worse case scenerio if you don't get approved one phone called to a Csr and they should be able to move credit lines .
I have never gone down that path. Is this difficult? Does it impact your credit score to have a card company deny you and then issue the card after a phone call.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by agape2travel
I have researched similar threads on FT but nothing comes up recently so here goes my question. I'm interested in the new Chase Marriott card offer. I currently have 3 Chase accounts (Priority Club, Sapphire, and Southwest) with about $2,000 per month charged monthly on the three cards. The PC card is old, Sapphire is from the late spring 2011 and the Southwest card is from this summer. How long should I wait to apply for the Marriott card? Will Chase give me 4 accounts (my FICO is 792)? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Happy travels!
I have never gone down that path. Is this difficult? Does it impact your credit score to have a card company deny you and then issue the card after a phone call.
It is completely a YMMV situation. What I was told was that for ME, I could be allowed no more than two "new" cards every 6 months. So, if you are denied, just call the reconsideration line, and it should have no effect on your credit score any more than just a "new" credit card (hard pull, new account, lower average age of accounts, etc.)
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by MJLouise
It is completely a YMMV situation. What I was told was that for ME, I could be allowed no more than two "new" cards every 6 months. So, if you are denied, just call the reconsideration line, and it should have no effect on your credit score any more than just a "new" credit card (hard pull, new account, lower average age of accounts, etc.)
+1
I got four Chase cards in the last year. If you get a denial, call the reconsideration line and offer to lower the limit on one of your other cards or close one of your other cards and they should be happy to do that and approve the new card. Of course YMMV. Works for most.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: Many
I have five Chase accounts. When I got a "pending" reply on the last one I called the CSR and he said they're fine with multiple accounts; it's the total credit line that they're watching. I switched credit between accounts, no problem. With your credit rating and spending history, I doubt you'll have any problem. Ask to switch credit line, or reduce credit on one or more of your others. And, if asked why you want the new one, it wouldn't be a bad idea to be ready to mention some nice feature of the card apart from the mileage bonus.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: Nada :(
I have 4 Accounts right now and the CSR told me that I would have no problem getting the Mariott card for my 5th chase account, even without moving credit around. I have about a 750 score and I was spending $3-5k a month between my chase cards. On the other hand literally 18 months ago they wouldn't give me a $500 card for my business so I don't know what their criteria really are, but they seem to me to be super strict, or super lenient.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:19 pm

Currently have 5 Chase accounts. Was surprised I didn't even have to call for the last one. - Although the two before that I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.