Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1745852-ritz-carlton-rewards-card-2016-onward.html

===============================================Bes t public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $3k spent. Annual fee of $395 NOT waived. https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/2CN

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incedential charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Reimbursed:

AA e-Giftcards
Southwest eGiftcards - As of 12/30/14 Chase can distinguish between "incidental" and gift card purchase. YMMV depending on CSR.
Delta Giftcards (YMMV)
$78 AA Award flight taxes reimbursed
$22 BA Award flight taxes reimbursed
~$150 AA award fees, taxes, fuel surcharge reimbursed
$246 AA award fees, booking fee, all reported as upgrading to busn award
United Flight Taxes
Spirit Big Front Seats
Spirit Onboard Food and Drinks
DL Ticket Change fee $300
$210 DL first class up-fare
$300 of a $525 AA Admirals Club annual membership
$50 DL Transfer miles fee (2k miles plus $30 fee)
~$160 SQ award fees (circa 2014)
$70 upgraded seats on AA
$34 US award fees
$34 BA Award fees
$90 oneway ticket on AA (paid additional $90 with AA e-gc from last year)
$84.50 x 2 AA award fees
$150 B6 change fees er...umm..."seat upgrades"
$75 UA gift registry (no longer works as of Summer 2015)
$49.95 Bags VIP charge. It surprised me that it went since it comes up as BagsVIP and not an airline. I told the CSR it was AA's partner for baggage delivery and that I was (honestly) unsure if it would work.
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't) -- no longer works as of Summer 2015
$274 BA seat selection for 2 J class seats, LAX-LHR (Jan 2016)

Not Reimbursed:
$315 Avianca ticket charge
United giftcards
$150 AA award redeposit fee (YMMV)
UA Gift Registry $150 (one worked, one didn't)

The deal for 140K points is dead. Chase has replaced it with a complimentary night stay at any Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, available here. As of February 12, 2015, there IS A BETTER known public offer (see below).

The 70K offer is long gone.

[EXPIRED] Active link found on blog 12/16 for 140K offer: https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k
Many have applied through this link only to find the application was assigned to a different promo for 2 free nights instead of points. Calling JP Morgan Chase CS has indicated they are aware of this issue and CSRs are expecting the 140k points to be honored but no one in this situation has actually received the 140k points as of Dec 28, 2014.

[EXPIRED] As reported by ghitt87: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22807838-post16.html
Call 1-888-846-7004 to apply.
Mention these RSVP:
F5BP - 140k points after 2k spend in 3 months. Annual fee of $395 not waived first year. - DEAD 9/25
F53K - 70k points, $395 waived first year.

I wasn't targeted, but called and used the RSVP code (5/2). Just act like you got it in the mail.
See also post #483 and following: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23230523-post483.html
Print Wikipost

All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:28 pm

If I have two rooms for two nights in the same ritz carlton hotel, do I get $100 credits on each room?
If I need to upgrade those two rooms, I assume I need to use two of my three club upgrade certificates, right?

Anyone had such experience before?
Sorry if I missed previous posts talked about this issue.

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by firrainbow
If I have two rooms for two nights in the same ritz carlton hotel, do I get $100 credits on each room?
If I need to upgrade those two rooms, I assume I need to use two of my three club upgrade certificates, right?

Anyone had such experience before?
Sorry if I missed previous posts talked about this issue.

Thanks.
Only one $100 credit per stay and Yes you will need one cert per room
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I want to spend the 10k to get Gold status for the second year but my card needs to be cancelled by Oct 31 to get the fee refunded automatically. If I cancel the card in 2015 but have spent the 10k will I get my status renewed in 2016?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
I want to spend the 10k to get Gold status for the second year but my card needs to be cancelled by Oct 31 to get the fee refunded automatically. If I cancel the card in 2015 but have spent the 10k will I get my status renewed in 2016?
The way the T&C works is that your card have to be open and in good standing when they grant the next year Gold status (done by card year, not annual years). And the T&C states it will take several weeks after your anniversary date to grant the Gold status - exactly to prevent what you want to do.

Now what happens in practice is a different story - the question has been asked multiple times on this board and no one provided an answer; so if you up to be the test subject, please report back.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
My complete hunch on this is no, it won't work. IIRC Marriott status is changed in February, so my guess would be that in February if you don't maintain status through Marriott through normal channels (ie Butt-in-Bed) then they would check to see if you earned it through the credit card. Since you wouldn't have the card at that time, no status.

What would likely work is something like:
- AF comes due 2/1/16 (or later)
- Keep the card until your status is extended to 2017
- Cancel the card and refund the AF.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by acslaterbro
*it worked
what would happen if you increase the credit line back up?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Can I book hotels on behalf of a family member and have them checkin and use my points
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Can I book hotels on behalf of a family member and have them checkin and use my points
Yes, just book the hotel and then call in and add their name to the reservation.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by lkh5650
what would happen if you increase the credit line back up?
I increased back up, statement has closed and the AF has not re-appeared. I'll post if it does reappear.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:13 am

Any current data points on whether AA egift cards are still working for the flight incidentals?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by jmschn
Any current data points on whether AA egift cards are still working for the flight incidentals?
they were as of 3 weeks ago for me...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:50 pm

any current sign up bonus??
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by vickh
any current sign up bonus??
hmmm, gosh I wish I knew of a place in these forums where that info was located....oh yeah there is such a place...in the wiki
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by travelfreaks
hmmm, gosh I wish I knew of a place in these forums where that info was located....oh yeah there is such a place...in the wiki
What's a wiki? (I'm on mobile)
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I increased back up, statement has closed and the AF has not re-appeared. I'll post if it does reappear.
Any update on the fee reappearing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.