Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ameriprise WE + Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 1:57 am
Original Poster

I have been an Amex Plat card holder for years, but I am starting to wonder if the benefits of the Platinum card outweigh the benefits of my Ameriprise WE and Chase Sapphire Preferred combined.

I have the Priority Pass with Ameriprise.

Anyone familiar with these cards and can give advise?

My biggest reservation is Amex Customer Service is second to none.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:58 am

The biggest issue will be a comparison of the lounges that you can access using the AMEX Plat versus the PP select that comes with the AMP card. If you won't have trouble with lounges (I.e. you don't fly AA and DL) then it might worthwhile to drop the AMEX. The customer service for CSP has been surprisingly good. Likewise, the Visa Sig Concierge just did a wonderful job obtaining rail passes for me.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: many
You also need to spend $36K+ ea yr on the WE to get the $200 airline credit. Just another consideration.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, going for Gold this year
Originally Posted by pcharles
You also need to spend $36K+ ea yr on the WE to get the $200 airline credit. Just another consideration.
Thanks for the eye-opening heads up pcharles! I was looking into Ameriprise, and I didn't notice the $36,000 spend requirement. It wouldn't be my main card, so I wouldn't hit that spend level.
Old May 30, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SANDIEGO
Thanks for the eye-opening heads up pcharles! I was looking into Ameriprise, and I didn't notice the $36,000 spend requirement. It wouldn't be my main card, so I wouldn't hit that spend level.
You do get $50 even if you do not meet the spending requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.