Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Credit line increases / CLI [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for Chase CLI experiences and questions ONLY. For other card issuers, see this thread:

Credit Limit Increase / CLI - Experiences and Questions [2013-]
Print Wikipost

Chase Credit line increases / CLI [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:54 pm

Also, if they do decide to counter, do they tend to call to do so?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
You should be fine. Although income is the factor in determining credit worthiness, you could list assets that are near-liquid and available to cover debts.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:32 pm

Thanks for replying. I know that listing assets helped with Amex, I guess if Chase calls me, maybe that would help with them too. My CSP isn't my primary everyday card, but I've still managed to spend about 15K through it since I opened it back in October. I can push quite a bit more spend through it for a while and try again later if this doesn't work out. I really like this card. Just calling customer service and not having to press any buttons to talk to a person is worth the $95 annual fee, imo. I wish at least the chip+sig was available for this card.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Robrus1
You'll be informed by mail.

I wish at least the chip+sig was available for this card.
It's coming some time this year, hopefully.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
You will probably be notified by mail. If it's not what you want give them a call and see if you can find neutral ground acceptable to both of you. GL
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:52 pm

Checked my online account today. Total available credit limit: 20K. I'm a bit surprised, but very happy. I'll be keeping this card for a long time. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:32 am

Checked my online account today. Total available credit limit: 20K. I'm a bit surprised, but very happy. I'll be keeping this card for a long time. Thanks.
Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know how it worked out. ^
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Yes that is great news. ^
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:36 pm

Got an interesting e-mail from Chase last night:

Dear CFFrost,

As one of our best customers, we’re offering you a fast and hassle-free way
to increase the credit line* on your United MileagePlus® Credit Card.

Here's how easy it is to request your credit line increase:

1. Log in to our secure website by January 31, 2014

2. Enter your annual income

3. Get an instant decision

It’s really that simple. There’s no hassle or credit report check!
I'm trying to figure out why I got this e-mail. Part of me wonders if my MS has lead Chase to believe my income has increased, and they want to verify the same. This is also my lowest credit line with Chase. I don't think I'll do anything with it, but it is interesting none the less.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Got this email from Chase last night. My Freedom was the first card I opened with Chase several years ago and thus has a relatively low limit (I've never requested a credit limit increase on it). I have since opened a SW Premier Visa and a CSP, both with $12,000+ limits. I went ahead and requested this "hassle-free" credit limit increase on my Freedom today and only received a $1,000 bump. Better than nothing, I guess.

Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Got this email from Chase last night. My Freedom was the first card I opened with Chase several years ago and thus has a relatively low limit (I've never requested a credit limit increase on it). I have since opened a SW Premier Visa and a CSP, both with $12,000+ limits. I went ahead and requested this "hassle-free" credit limit increase on my Freedom today and only received a $1,000 bump. Better than nothing, I guess.

This is the same e-mail I received. I don't think its really worth the effort for me, as I have little need for a CLI.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
This is the same e-mail I received. I don't think its really worth the effort for me, as I have little need for a CLI.
If it doesn't result in a hard pull, why wouldn't you want it?

Does requesting a CLI usually involve a hard pull? Seems like in those emails, Chase just wanted a confirmation of income.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by hitman1420
Does requesting a CLI usually involve a hard pull?
If you call up Chase and ask for one, it will. These appear to be automatic CLIs, but with a catch (updating your income).
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:08 pm

CLI decline ?

I got a "pending" for requesting a credit limit increase for chase sapphire preferred. They said I would receive a letter in the mail 7 - 10 business days.. Is this just a polite way of saying declined or are they seriously considering ?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by augustus21
If you call up Chase and ask for one, it will. These appear to be automatic CLIs, but with a catch (updating your income).
One of my credit cards with Chase went from 5K to 7.5K recently without me requesting a CLI. I also have not updated my income with them for anything. I'm thinking it may have been due to my high balances on the card, but I could be totally green on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.