Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has Chase upped their game? [Pull all three credit bureaux.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

I recently (in April) applied for a Chase Freedom card and they pulled from ALL 3 credit bureaus.

Previous apps:

Chase Sapphire Preferred - January 2012 - only pulled from Experian
Chase Ink Bold - February 2012 - only pulled from Experian

Anyone else notice this? Is it a new, disturbing trend or an unlucky fluke?
Old May 13, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
It has always been 1 pull on experian for me. The only thing that I can think of is it's your 3rd Chase card in 4 months and maybe they want a broader look at your credit picture.
Old May 13, 2012, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that makes sense. Guess it's time to lay low for awhile.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by womanofaction
Yes, that makes sense. Guess it's time to lay low for awhile.
You'll 100% have to call recon after the app, but...

You could always freeze your reports. That way when they want to pull a report (or three), they'll need you to provide them with a PIN. You can ask them which one they want, and if they ask to pull all 3, you can just tell them to forget the app. Reports are (and the same happened with me), Chase will actually allow you to tell them which bureau you want them to pull if they're frozen, and they have the ability to pull and use any of them. (OTOH, a data point from me is that Citi will NOT budge and will insist on pulling the report of their choice.)

That said, it sounds like you MAY have already appeared on their radar as engaging in high risk or card churning behavior, so you may be right to cool it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.