Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

If chase closes an account, takes away UR, can they take away SWA or UA points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

I've been reading horror stories of chase shutting people down abruptly, taking away their UR points. Has there been any posts of them taking away southwest points or united miles too?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
They won't be able to touch the points that have already been transferred to your Southwest or United accounts.

On a related note: Why is everyone suddenly freaking out about Chase closing accounts because of a few isolated reports? There have been numerous threads of a similar nature lately. I don't get it.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
They won't be able to touch the points that have already been transferred to your Southwest or United accounts.
This is correct. But any points earned on a current month's statement that have not yet been transferred to the airlines will be lost
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH

On a related note: Why is everyone suddenly freaking out about Chase closing accounts because of a few isolated reports? There have been numerous threads of a similar nature lately. I don't get it.
Because humans are great at panicking. Of the gadzillions of Chase card holders, there have been a few isolated reports of closed accounts (often with some sketchy info included) and now the sky is falling.

Welcome to 2012--I hear the Mayan calendar ends soon, too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.