Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase: Transfer Credit Line from One Card to Another [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:30 am
Original Poster

So I got approved for the ink bold plus the other day. I was wondering if, in the future, I waned to cancel the business and move the credit limit over to the personal side, would this be possible? I know people have had the reverse done to get a new business card, but havent read about this. thanks
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by leftpinky
So I got approved for the ink bold plus the other day. I was wondering if, in the future, I waned to cancel the business and move the credit limit over to the personal side, would this be possible? I know people have had the reverse done to get a new business card, but havent read about this. thanks
No. I have a 30K CL just sitting unused on the business side and I've tried multiple times to move it to the personal side, via phone, SM, etc, and every answer has been no we cant do that.

Some chase business are like charge cards, the older Ink Bold is like that and do not show CL, others show the available CL like the previous Ink Cash.
The latest Ink Classic (bold was what the app showed?) shows the CL. Its interesting the way Chase is compartmentalizing these.

Last edited by pcharles; Feb 15, 2012 at 6:35 am
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:42 pm

I've had success moving from the Ink Bold to a new Marriott Card. Was initially denied on the Marriott card, but called recon line, told them to check my other lines for possibilities and was told that I had a 20K limit on the Bold, and that they could transfer 5K to open the Marriott card. Happened about 3 months ago so not sure if they have changed their policies.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:57 am

If it helps, I know for a fact they will let you move Personal > Business, but not sure of the other way around.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I had 3 Chase cards but also wanted and applied for the Sapphire Preferred card. They called me for more details and when I said I was willing to move some of the credit line from one of my other Chase cards to the Sapphire if I needed to they approved the application and moved $10k from my UA card to the new card.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by christianj
I had 3 Chase cards but also wanted and applied for the Sapphire Preferred card. They called me for more details and when I said I was willing to move some of the credit line from one of my other Chase cards to the Sapphire if I needed to they approved the application and moved $10k from my UA card to the new card.
What does this have anything to do with moving CL from a business card to a personal card? Was the UA card a business line? We all know you can move around personal credit to open another personal credit.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:28 am

I have a Chase Marriott Rewards Business card with a $30K spend limit on it. I applied for a personal sapphire card and had to call the reconsideration line. They told me that since I had the $30K limit on the business card I would have to shuffle around some credit from business to get the personal card.

I ended off doing this, but I was actually upset about this. My business is legit and I do keep all the expenses completely separate. I explained this to them and said my business credit should have nothing to do with my personal credit. The rep told me that Chase was only willing to risk $30k in credit for me, it didn't matter if it was business or personal.

So, the bottom line, yes you can shift credit from business to personal.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by pcharles

What does this have anything to do with moving CL from a business card to a personal card? Was the UA card a business line? We all know you can move around personal credit to open another personal credit.
Oops! I misread the original post. Sorry!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:43 pm
HCA

Generally Personal CL to Business CL is possible but not the other way around.
However, I remember I read some examples (both FT and other web sites) that Chase allow you to move the Business CL to Personal CL to get new Personal CC approved if the new Personal CC get initially denied.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:57 am

This is really interesting to me as I had to move personal credit to business for the Ink Bold card. While you dont have a spending limit, they still put a limit on the card. They moved $10k personal to $10k business. I dont need $10k on my business side and it hurt my personal credit score by erasing $10k in personal credit line.

Next time I apply for a card, Im going to try and move it off my business to personal.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:38 am
Suspended

Can I Transfer Credit from One Card to Another (Chase)

I know before the financial meltdown, it was possible to transfer available credit from one card to another.

I just got approved for a $30K Credit Line Chase Sapphire card and after I get the bonus, I was hoping to transfer some of this credit line over to my United MileagePlus Club Business card.

Do you think they will allow this?

Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Yes, Chase allows you to reallocate.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cslovacek
I know before the financial meltdown, it was possible to transfer available credit from one card to another.

I just got approved for a $30K Credit Line Chase Sapphire card and after I get the bonus, I was hoping to transfer some of this credit line over to my United MileagePlus Club Business card.

Do you think they will allow this?

Thanks
Originally Posted by cwilson830
Yes, Chase allows you to reallocate.
Yes, but for some people they may limit how often you can do this. So if you didn't have to do this to get the card approved in the first place, you may be able to do it whenever you wish. If you just had to move credit onto this card to get it approved, they may require you to wait before you can move it out of the card.

Also, while they allow it in general, there may be restrictions on personal <-> business cards, depending on how your business card is categorized. (The answers above were probably for personal to personal card credit transfers.)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:26 am
Suspended

Yes, I'm hoping to do Personal to Business.

This was my first application with Chase in years and I got the Sapphire card without having to negotiate other credit limits. I also have not asked or tried to get a credit limit increase in years.

Does my Sapphire need to be open for a certain period of time before I try to reallocate? Or should I just try going for it now (I was just approved for it a couple of days ago)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:32 am
Suspended

So frustrating. Chase is saying in order to consider my reallocation, they must first do a "credit line increase" check and would require a hard pull on my account.

Then if that is declined, they can see whether or not to reallocate credit.

Does not make any sense at all... ugh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.