Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA visa promo: 2.5 Avios per $1, 4/1 to 6/30, (up to $8k)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Title says it all. DH got this offer via snail mail, says that his card is already registered. Card must remain open and in good standing until 6/30/12 to quality, points post 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

He (well, okay, I) signed up for this card with the 100k bonus last year, hit the minimum spend, and now only uses this for his lunch some days. I on the other hand, spent over the $30k to get the companion cert, and they declined to waive the annual fee or throw me any points.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:08 pm

I received such a promotion postcard, but my limit is only $4K
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is part of a rolling series of promotions offered to different account at various times. Two previous discussions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ting-them.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...1-31-12-a.html
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, British
I received it too with limit of $4000. My card is coming to a renewal next month. I think they are trying to lure me to keep the card for another year and pay the anual fee. 2.5 avois sound good but if you add $95 fee - it may not worth it.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by alkotik
... think they are trying to lure me to keep the card for another year...
Agreed. In 2011 they sent the offer to Ms mia just as her spending approached $30,000 for year, inducing us to continue spending. Then sent one to me as my renewal date approached.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Originally Posted by Mile-a-holic
Title says it all. DH got this offer via snail mail, says that his card is already registered. Card must remain open and in good standing until 6/30/12 to quality, points post 6-8 weeks after promotion ends.

He (well, okay, I) signed up for this card with the 100k bonus last year, hit the minimum spend, and now only uses this for his lunch some days. I on the other hand, spent over the $30k to get the companion cert, and they declined to waive the annual fee or throw me any points.
I cancelled my BA Chase today after finding out the free companion/$30,000 certificate to a 12 month calendar year vs 12 months since card sign up. I did spend the $30,000 in 10 months.
The "closure agent" they transfered me too offer to waive the $95 fee for the next year. (Note I had asked for this before in a routine customer care call and was declined) However, I went ahead and cancelled the card as it is easier for me to use US Air or Delta from my home airport instead of BA or AA from Orlando or Jcksonville.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:06 pm

there is a ms mia? I thought you were a female!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:26 pm

Got the same offer; card is up for renewal in May. Doubt if I'll renew as the new AVIOS program is far inferior (for me) as compared to the old program.

Noticed on the back of the mailing that they are offering a chip-enabled card at no additional cost, if that matters to anyone.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Earn Double Avios on Chase Card Puschases

Just received a mailing from Chase stating that I am automatically enrolled to earn 2.5 Avios (instead of 1.25) on all Chase BA card purchases up to a total of $4000 from 4/1/12 to 6/30/12. Not sure if this is a targeted offer.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tbaumann3
Just received a mailing from Chase stating that I am automatically enrolled to earn 2.5 Avios (instead of 1.25) on all Chase BA card purchases up to a total of $4000 from 4/1/12 to 6/30/12. Not sure if this is a targeted offer.
Got it as well although mine is for up to $8000 in purchases (20K bonus Avios max). ^
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: All of them...
Why did I 'not' get this??
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man thats a pretty good offer...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu
man thats a pretty good offer...
I suspect this offer is meant to lure in customers to renew the card for the second year. It's right around the 1 year annual fee mark from last year's 100k application for a lot of people.....
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Not only that, but the bonuses post after a while, so you can't spendspendspend, close the card to avoid the annual fee, and still get bonus Avios.

What's the Chase policy on refunding annual fees? 30 days? My card statement closes the 20th, but my annual fee was charged May 1 last year ... would rather have it through the middle of May so that I can use the chip feature if it arises. But an extra 10K Avios via $8K spend does not make the $95 fee worth it for me afteward.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
there is a ms mia? I thought you were a female!
Not that I know anything of Mia's gender or relationship status but . . .

Why would that preclude the possibility of there being a Ms. Mia?

Just saying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.