FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1331134-united-mileageplus-club-card-1st-year-annual-fee-waived-tied-united-status.html)

Keesagility1954 Apr 27, 2012 8:54 am

Is there a code available?

I am hoping someone with access to the United Club can share a code with me as well to get the first year fee waiver for the United Club Visa.

Craig:p

nova08 Apr 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Was anyone with the Explorer card successful in upgrading it to the Club card with a phone agent and still apply this First year free offer?

HansGolden Apr 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 18472895)
Was anyone with the Explorer card successful in upgrading it to the Club card with a phone agent and still apply this First year free offer?

Oooh! Terrific idea!!

btw, when it was still the CO Presidential card, the invite codes that you got in the Club worked multiple times. Could someone check to see if that's the case and if it is, please post it openly.

alex_b Apr 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden (Post 18472900)
btw, when it was still the CO Presidential card, the invite codes that you got in the Club worked multiple times. Could someone check to see if that's the case and if it is, please post it openly.

I checked last time I was in the club and each booklet had a different code.

nova08 Apr 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden (Post 18472900)
Oooh! Terrific idea!!

Unfortunately I posed the question because I was just denied. I hoped for the upgrade so I wouldn't take a hit to the credit score but the agent said that she cannot apply a marketing code during the upgrade. I am curious if anyone had any luck with other agents.

HansGolden Apr 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by alex_b (Post 18472936)
I checked last time I was in the club and each booklet had a different code.

I know that. During CO, I got like 15-20 codes and was giving them away on CC. Then I discovered that each code could be used multiple times.

TTT103 Apr 27, 2012 7:40 pm

It looks likes the brochures are readily available in the clubs again, albeit the stacks of them I previously saw on the counter are now behind the counter.

smitty06 Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm

3 more codes

Grabbed 3 more today. Pm me if you need a code.

UPDATE: sorry, but the codes are gone. Will try to grab some more next week.

rxgeek Apr 29, 2012 7:29 am

Multiple Chase Cards

I received the UA Explorer card 6 weeks ago and need the Chase Marriott card for the bonus for a July trip. I also hope to get the current Club Card with fee waived before that disappears. I am willing to trade in my Explorer card if needed. What should I do?

TorontoSingh Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

Smitty6 - Pm'd you for the code, hopefully you still got them to share.

Thank you kindly!

TTT103 Apr 29, 2012 11:37 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 18479893)
I received the UA Explorer card 6 weeks ago and need the Chase Marriott card for the bonus for a July trip. I also hope to get the current Club Card with fee waived before that disappears. I am willing to trade in my Explorer card if needed. What should I do?

Only you know the answer to your priorities. However, as you know, Chase can be finicky with too many applications within a short period of time. You can always apply for both cards and then call the reconsideration line if you are rejected. You'll need to explain why you need so much credit, and three different cards--especially since two are United cards.

speedyturtle May 1, 2012 3:52 pm

Thank you Penner42 for helping me out! Just got approved and now just waiting for the card to arrive. So relieved to have one less thing to worry about with regards to seeing my dad as he fights brain cancer. Really appreciate it!

bartman9 May 2, 2012 7:40 pm

I haven't been able to find the answer to this question and hopefully you guys can help. When you have this card, and when flying an award ticket, do you still get the 2 checked bags for free? Or is it only for a paid flight with the United MileagePlus Club card?

Mommy Points May 2, 2012 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by bartman9 (Post 18503719)
I haven't been able to find the answer to this question and hopefully you guys can help. When you have this card, and when flying an award ticket, do you still get the 2 checked bags for free? Or is it only for a paid flight with the United MileagePlus Club card?

They are free on United award tickets as well.

penner42 May 2, 2012 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by speedyturtle (Post 18494986)
Thank you Penner42 for helping me out! Just got approved and now just waiting for the card to arrive. So relieved to have one less thing to worry about with regards to seeing my dad as he fights brain cancer. Really appreciate it!

I don't know how soon you'll be flying, but I was able to get into the clubs after my credit card arrived but before my club card showed up. Just gave them my mileage plus number and they looked up my membership. Not sure exactly how soon it was active after my approval. Glad to help!