FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1331134-united-mileageplus-club-card-1st-year-annual-fee-waived-tied-united-status.html)

speed_of_fresh Apr 1, 2012 8:44 pm

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived

I was in the United Club at SFO on March 31. They had brochures at the United Club ticketing counter with the 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived Offer if you use the personal invitation code inside the brochure and apply for the card by May 31, 2012.

BeBrilliant Apr 1, 2012 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er (Post 18315810)
Thank you OP. Great share. Worked for me in Safari...

1) cleared cache
2) logged into United (verified by viewing itinerary)
3) clicked link above
3a) the first time, it re-linked to a generic page
3b) closed that window and clicked again... viola
4) On the application page under annual fee it explicitly states first year free then $395

Awesome! This brightened a dark day in San Diego (it's sunny here, but I just filed taxes)

Cleared Cache did it for me! Thanks w0r1dtrave1er!

PaulMSN Apr 2, 2012 1:52 am

I had to do it two times, but I got the offer. The first time was the Explorer card, which I already have 2 of, since they converted my CO card to Explorer.

I doubt I'd get approved if I applied, since I have 4 Chase cards right now.

metoo Apr 2, 2012 6:28 am

I doubt I'd get approved if I applied, since I have 4 Chase cards right now.[/QUOTE]

I have 6 personal and 1 biz Chase Cards.....I think it has to do with how often you apply and your credit and relationship history with Chase.

Sterndogg Apr 2, 2012 8:31 am

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 18318487)
I doubt I'd get approved if I applied, since I have 4 Chase cards right now.

I have 6 personal and 1 biz Chase Cards.....I think it has to do with how often you apply and your credit and relationship history with Chase.[/QUOTE]

Applied for the Chase IHG Priority Club 80K points promo on Friday and the Club card yesterday...immediately approved for the IHG card but the Club card is pending...probably will get declined as I already have two UA cards and two months ago month signed up for the Chase Sapphire 50K promo.

nova08 Apr 2, 2012 8:48 am

I had to be logged into UA and Chase for it to appear. Now the wrinkle for me is that I want to upgrade my Explorer Card to the Club card and still get the annual fee waived.

sharmaintl Apr 2, 2012 8:54 am

This works for me. I am debating whether I want this though. With my current travel load (low this year), I am waiting for the explorer card sign up bonus to go up. Does anyone think they will give 75k miles or higher?

penner42 Apr 2, 2012 9:27 pm

Instantly approved for me. 7-10 days for Sapphire Preferred. Gonna call the reconsideration line tomorrow. Edit: Painless approval of the SP as well. Now I gotta calm down with cc apps for a while.

Thanks, OP!

morerum4me Apr 3, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks so much, OP!

I already have Premier status and just got the Explorer card a couple months ago (plus the Marriott and Priority Club cards late last year), but I guess it can't hurt [much] to apply since I do plan to travel United a fair amount this year. Given the delays I've had to endure so far this year alone it would be nice to be able to check out the lounge.

westerndh Apr 4, 2012 12:07 am

This worked

Originally Posted by chris1234 (Post 18311813)
I was able to get the Annual Fee Waived offer but it required also logging into my chase account. First, sign into chase, then go to united.com (same window), sign in to united.com (view an itinerary to make sure it's really signed in, sometimes cookies leave you in this not quite signed in state), then paste the URL from this thread. Now it will take you to the explorer card member site. Paste the URL from this thread again and it should take you to the fee waived club card page.

I applied, but of course I'm going to have to go through the reconsideration line, two or three too many chase cards... :rolleyes:

christian

Thank you for this clarification, this was only way I could see the $395 credit.

phillipe Apr 4, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks OP! Worked for me exactly as in the last post.

Weyland Yutani Corp Apr 4, 2012 9:37 am

I logged out of UA. Emptied cache. Logged into Chase, then UA. DIDN't work. Logged out of both, then logged into UA. Worked!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29004972/Scr...29.05%20AM.png

txrandom Apr 4, 2012 9:44 am

Can anyone confirm if this offer is only eligible to United elites? Any non-Elites able to get the annual fee waived?

Weyland Yutani Corp Apr 4, 2012 11:06 am

Originally Posted by txrandom (Post 18333570)
Can anyone confirm if this offer is only eligible to United elites? Any non-Elites able to get the annual fee waived?

Forgot to mention that I am Premier Plat.

penner42 Apr 4, 2012 6:42 pm

Received the card today. Called to activate, and let the agent go over the benefits with me. He said I'll get 10k miles after my first purchase. I didn't see that benefit in any of the stuff on the application or that I received in the mail, but it's a nice bonus. :)

Also asked about authorized users and club access. He said it was tied to the MP # not the credit card, so if they're not traveling with the primary card holder, no access.