Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Yes, aeneas3, you can get the bonus twice if you meet the spend requirements. This actually works for all the cards... the Amex, the BA companion pass, etc. They are based on a calendar year. It does not work for any card that have bonuses which post "at renewal", such as the statement credit for the Citi AA cards or points bonuses that happen at renewal.
thanks that is great news
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:12 pm

tried the method in post 1654, instant approved. When can I call them and ask them if my offer was 50k miles?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:05 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by divinebaboon
When can I call them and ask them if my offer was 50k miles?
Probably when you activate it... (If you call any sooner than when the card is in your hand, will that change anything? At this point, you're getting the card, no matter what you do.)
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:52 am

tried the method in post 1654, instant approved. When can I call them and ask them if my offer was 50k miles?
Got instant approval last week with forum method. Sent a secure message through Chase same day of approval and they confirmed the 50,000 mile bonus after spend.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:56 pm

what's the spending requirement if i applied using the post#1654?
is it 1k or 2k within 3 months?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by mackaikai
what's the spending requirement if i applied using the post#1654?
is it 1k or 2k within 3 months?
I applied for the same one and got approved, here is the reply they sent:

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting chase regarding your United
MileagePlus® credit card account.

We have reviewed the application that you completed and
the enrollment offer attached to that application states
you will receive 50,000 enrollment miles after $1,000 in
purchases within the first three months, 5,000 bonus miles
for adding an authorized user and the first year annual
fee waiver. In addition, you can earn 10,000 bonus miles
if you spend $25,000 in purchases in any calendar year
(January through December). Once all of the above have
been met you will have received a total of 65,000 miles.

You will see the above enrollment bonuses within 6-8 weeks
from the date you reach $1,000 in purchases. Miles are
transmitted to the primary Cardmember's account after the
closing date on the credit card statement and appear on
the Frequent Flyer account within seven to ten days.

Your offer did not include the $50 statement credit,
however since your account was opened within the last 90
days we will be happy to match the offer you are
referencing. As of the date of this letter, your account
is showing no activity. We would be happy to honor your
request for the $50 statement adjustment after you have
made your first purchase. Please contact us at that time
and we will make the statement adjustment to the account.

Please keep in mind that all enrollment offers are for
new, first-time United MileagePlus Explorer credit card
members only. This means we reserve the right to withhold
adding any enrollment miles if you have previously
received them on the same product on a previous date.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,
xxxxxx
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:42 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
We would be happy to honor your
request for the $50 statement adjustment after you have
made your first purchase. Please contact us at that time
and we will make the statement adjustment to the account.
For this reason right here, I waited to contact them about my bonus until after I had $50 in posted charges on the card. One less follow up I had to make.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:54 am
Formerly known as caveruner17

Got 50k miles for 1K spend. Nice! I'm even using the card to buy airline tickets too!

Free trip to Europe next summer
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:24 pm

Followed the WIKI and it worked the second time I tried. First time I did not see the 30K offer - it was showing me the Club offer - so I clicked to see credit card offers on the United site, and then followed the WIKI. It started getting the page and then got hung up. Started all over and this time it did show the 30K offer. Followed the WIKI exactly and it worked with immediate approval. Thanks FT community!

Can someone direct me to the offer for $50 credit to the account or do you just PM Chase and say you know there is such an offer out there?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by TWA44
Followed the WIKI and it worked the second time I tried. First time I did not see the 30K offer - it was showing me the Club offer - so I clicked to see credit card offers on the United site, and then followed the WIKI. It started getting the page and then got hung up. Started all over and this time it did show the 30K offer. Followed the WIKI exactly and it worked with immediate approval. Thanks FT community!

Can someone direct me to the offer for $50 credit to the account or do you just PM Chase and say you know there is such an offer out there?

Thanks.
Send them a secure message from online and ask them to match the $50 statement credit after your first purchase offer. They will do it for you - I got it yesterday.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:56 pm

I had applied for the United Explorer a couple months ago and was accepted. I ended up canceling the card before activating it because I'm an idiot.

Is there any chance I would still be able to get the bonus because I never activated the card? Or did I screw myself out of this bonus?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by m22nyc25
I had applied for the United Explorer a couple months ago and was accepted. I ended up canceling the card before activating it because I'm an idiot.

Is there any chance I would still be able to get the bonus because I never activated the card? Or did I screw myself out of this bonus?
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but pretty sure you are screwed.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:33 pm
wcj

Wow, that's a first! Where are you on the timeline? If still in the bonus window, I would call, tell them it was a mistake in canceling the wrong card. beg, plead, grovel, tell them your spouse is going to kill you for your stupidity, etc. Get that card reinstated. If you reinstate, then determine how long you have to hit the spend and get on it. "A couple of months ago" could mean every day you wait, it's one less you have to hit the spend. I would get on the phone quickly.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by wcj
Wow, that's a first! Where are you on the timeline? If still in the bonus window, I would call, tell them it was a mistake in canceling the wrong card. beg, plead, grovel, tell them your spouse is going to kill you for your stupidity, etc. Get that card reinstated. If you reinstate, then determine how long you have to hit the spend and get on it. "A couple of months ago" could mean every day you wait, it's one less you have to hit the spend. I would get on the phone quickly.
I would have until November 4th to reach the spending bonus. I'll have to give them a call once I get home.

If they do allow this, I feel like they would want to send me a new card and wouldn't allow me to use my old one. Well I learned my lesson lol.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
Send them a secure message from online and ask them to match the $50 statement credit after your first purchase offer. They will do it for you - I got it yesterday.
Thanks, will try once the cards come. So I need not reference a specific offer, just say I know there is an offer with the $50 credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.