Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:39 pm

Need Help

I guess I am one of the unlucky ones.

Only get the 30k + 5k offer, no 50k nor $50 credit.

SM Chase yesterday and got a response this morning telling me that the 50k offer is for target customer ONLY. I can get that extra 20k if I receive solicit within 90 days plus I have to provide them a copy of the new offer letter. Haven't email them about the $50 credit yet.

Feel very unappreciated, especially for being a long-time Chase customer. Anyone has any idea on how to resolve this? Or should I just cancel the stupid card once and for all.

Thanks for your input on this.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:10 pm

Just Applied using the instruction but i got following message. did anyone get instant approval?

*****Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.
Here's what you can expect next:
We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit
this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take
advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by awesome75
Just Applied using the instruction but i got following message. did anyone get instant approval?

*****Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.
Here's what you can expect next:
We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit
this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take
advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card.
You need to call Chase to recon (reconsider). Most likely they will ask you some questions and you will be okay...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:25 pm

UA MileagePlus Explorer card- Up to 60K miles (now 65K) & $50 statement credit

Just applied for 50k but. Apparently was approved for the United Visa Platinum with only. $2k limit (got the ba visa with a 22k limit last winter do not sure what's up)

Will I get the bonus points? Also down the road could I get the Explorer and get the bonus?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nic3456
Just applied for 50k but. Apparently was approved for the United Visa Platinum with only. $2k limit (got the ba visa with a 22k limit last winter do not sure what's up)

Will I get the bonus points? Also down the road could I get the Explorer and get the bonus?
You will get the bonus. Unlike Barclays or Bank of America, Chase does not downgrade the bonus offer that you applied for even though it downgrades the card because it deems you have reached the maximum credit it is willing to extend to you.

Unless you really want the explorer card for its benefits, not just the bonus, you can leave it like that.

Or you can call Chase to ask if they can move some of the 22K from BA card to the UA card and put it back to the Explorer which is a Visa Signature with a minimum $5K credit line needed.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:00 pm

two questions for y'all:

if i do this offer, and add an authorized user (my fiancee), can she then do this offer and add an authorized user (me)?

also, does the MP account have to match the name on the CC? (i.e. can we do two offers in one account for 120K?)
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP
1. Yes, no problem at all.

2. You can't funnel multiple offers into one account. This offer prefills your existing UA MP number. If you need more UA miles, pick up an Ink card.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:15 pm

one more... can i apply for this if i currently have a MP Club card (but have never had an explorer?) (with my fiancee currently as AU)
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. They are 2 different products.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
is that special 50k portal now dead? cuz i get this error message today. tried 2 diff browsers. anyone else getting this? hope its temporary.

"We're sorry, due to systems issues the page you're trying to reach is not currently available. Please log into your account at united.com in 24 hours to try again."
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
is that special 50k portal now dead? cuz i get this error message today. tried 2 diff browsers. anyone else getting this? hope its temporary.

"We're sorry, due to systems issues the page you're trying to reach is not currently available. Please log into your account at united.com in 24 hours to try again."
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by epiding

I was able to make the link work in IE and Firefox. I wasn't able to copy and paste though. I had to actually click on the link from the Wiki.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:12 am

double post somehow sorry
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:15 am

hi guys

So I was looking at the language of the annual 25k spent bonus and initially I was disappointed since I only had 3 months to meet 25k....
then I realized I can turn around and spend 25k at the beginning of the year and get another bonus before the annual fee is due!

I assume this is true?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:49 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Yes, aeneas3, you can get the bonus twice if you meet the spend requirements. This actually works for all the cards... the Amex, the BA companion pass, etc. They are based on a calendar year. It does not work for any card that have bonuses which post "at renewal", such as the statement credit for the Citi AA cards or points bonuses that happen at renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.