Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:00 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Shop Through Chase and Apple Education Store combination

Has anyone clicked through to the Apple store through the UR portal and then searched for the Education Store within Apple.com and purchased something at the discounted price and received the UR Bonus Points?

The UR fine print doesn't mention education pricing (but the British Airways Avios store DOES mention that it doesn't count).
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:55 am
RNE

If I buy a product through the portal and later (much later, like over a year*) return it, is Chase able to track that event and reverse the URs?

*Yes, the vendor in question allows fee-free and shipping-free returns even years later.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
I just had a weird experience with the Shop with Chase Portal. I bought a phone through the Best Buy offer (1%), the total was $1019 after tax. So I used gift cards bought via Chase Pay at Best Buy to get that 5% back. $1000 with gift cards and $19 with my CFU.

I got 950 UR pts from this purchase. I thought this alone was funny, because I only used my CFU for just $19 of the $1019. The phone is 950 before tax.

A week later, they drop the price of the phone and they reimbursed me for $200 for the difference. So my $19 that I paid through my CFU got "returned" and I got some credit on my gift cards.

My CFU statement posted yesterday and I still got 950 UR pts from the Best Buy purchase. I thought the offer would be invalid if you "returned" the product. On my statement, it looks like the best buy transaction got reversed. Oh well, I'll take 950 UR pts.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:30 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
Has anyone clicked through to the Apple store through the UR portal and then searched for the Education Store within Apple.com and purchased something at the discounted price and received the UR Bonus Points?

The UR fine print doesn't mention education pricing (but the British Airways Avios store DOES mention that it doesn't count).
Update:

Just received the bonus points for my Apple Education pricing purchase! ^^

I simply clicked the link and searched for education within the apple.com site and bought a new MacBook Pro.

Awesome because other portals like BA clearly state that education pricing doesn't earn bonus points.

Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:11 pm

data points for using Chase portal with Amex card?

Hey, I tried to look up any data points on frequent miler and doctor of credit but couldn't find any...

Anyone tried going through Chase portal then buying with Amex and getting portal points?

I did this several times using a GC to make the purchase but never with Amex card... I wonder what is the chances of this working.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bklgafly
Hey, I tried to look up any data points on frequent miler and doctor of credit but couldn't find any...

Anyone tried going through Chase portal then buying with Amex and getting portal points?

I did this several times using a GC to make the purchase but never with Amex card... I wonder what is the chances of this working.
When booking travel thru Chase UR site you have to select which Chase card you are going to use. Charges then go on that card. You can't use another bank's card AFAIK.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by philemer
When booking travel thru Chase UR site you have to select which Chase card you are going to use. Charges then go on that card. You can't use another bank's card AFAIK.
Yes, you can use an AMEX (or any other card) as a method of payment and still receive bonus UR points from using the Chase shopping portal. I've seen a number of reports of people doing just that on another forum.

The drawback is that if - for whatever reason - the portal points bonus doesn't post, you really can't ask Chase to help since you didn't use a Chase card to make the payment.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Yes, you can use an AMEX (or any other card) as a method of payment and still receive bonus UR points from using the Chase shopping portal. I've seen a number of reports of people doing just that on another forum.

The drawback is that if - for whatever reason - the portal points bonus doesn't post, you really can't ask Chase to help since you didn't use a Chase card to make the payment.
I was talking about using UR pts to book travel, not using the shopping portal. "Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated] I guess I misread his post.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 23, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I was talking about using UR pts to book travel, not using the shopping portal. "Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated] I guess I misread his post.
Who knows, maybe I misread the post......? Upon further review, it's not really clear as to which portal the question refers. (I presumed the shopping portal since the FTer said they'd paid with a GC previously.)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bklgafly
I did this several times using a GC to make the purchase.....
When booking travel thru Chase UR site you have to select which Chase card you are going to use. Charges then go on that card. .....
If bklgafly has been able to pay with a gift card, rather than the linked Chase credit card, how do we know that another brand of credit card cannot be used? (Bearing in mind that this could have changed in the transition from Connexions to Expedia.)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
If bklgafly has been able to pay with a gift card, rather than the linked Chase credit card, how do we know that another brand of credit card cannot be used? (Bearing in mind that this could have changed in the transition from Connexions to Expedia.)
Some of us think he's talking about the Chase shopping portal, not the UR portal.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:59 am

Some of us think he's talking about the Chase shopping portal, not the UR portal.
Upon re-reading the question, I agree with this and it should probably be moved out of this thread.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mia
If bklgaflyhas been able to pay with a gift card, rather than the linked Chase credit card, how do we know that another brand of credit card cannot be used? (Bearing in mind that this could have changed in the transition from Connexions to Expedia.)
I guess it used to be less distinct:

Originally Posted by infamousdx
Sign into www.ultimaterewards.com
Hover over the top menu called "EARN FASTER"
Click "SEE ULTIMATE REWARDS MALL ACTIVITY"
Nowadays, how does the UR site list your Chase shopping activity?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Note that some posts were moved into this thread from another.

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I guess it used to be less distinct:
The shopping portal has always been completely separate from the travel booking portal. They perform different functions and are outsourced to different service providers.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:53 am

If I buy Walmart gc's through the Chase shopping portal which is at 2x point but with my CFU, am I getting 3.5 points on every dollar spent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.