Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I agree that's confusing- they are trying to brand this as a high-end card so I assume they are keeping the visa/mc logo hidden. My understanding is that it's either a visa or MasterCard,but it doesnt tell you which until you get the card.
My Chase Sapphire is a visa.
Old May 16, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Got the instant approval. 9 hits on Experian now, will take a few months before a few fall off. Time to cool it....
Old May 16, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL FO
I hope this offer stays around for a while. I have around 10 inquires on both Ex and EQ but 4 fall off of each in June which means I am ready to start another mini-spree around the first of July and this is a good offer.
Old May 16, 2011, 6:33 pm

How is This Card Treated When Making a Purchase

Is this card affiliated with Mastercard or Visa?
Old May 17, 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by ZapperO
Just got an extra 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points on a card I opened exactly a year ago. Less than 2 hours to receive the points from the time I requested them this morning. Annual fee was charged 20 days ago and is due in about 10 days, so I just got in under the wire on this one.

The email basically said a friend had gotten the 50,000 offer and I was wondering if there is any way that Chase could match the offer and give me the extra 25,000 points beyond what I originally received when I signed up.

They wrote back and said yes and the points posted instantly in the account! I love my friends on FT
I did try to send a secure msg last night, and received the email from foreign customer service, and told me that they are sorry that can't match the deal.
I think I should not have sent it over night, since the office is closed here.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:42 am

I had the sapphire preferred card three years ago. If I apply now, will it be treated as a new application?
Old May 17, 2011, 10:55 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I got my Bump the Bonus

After 4 emails through secure email, Katy and I each got 8500 points because we only got 25K sign up in August 2010. I did have a reader send me a copy of his email where he scored the full 25K equalizer. Sorry I don't remember when he had applied.

As always YMMV

Side note: I'm seeing people gun shy to apply if they have 8-12 inquiries on Experian. I've gone as far as 17 and still gotten approvals with Chase by using the reconsideration phone line.
Old May 17, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ingy
After 4 emails through secure email, Katy and I each got 8500 points because we only got 25K sign up in August 2010. I did have a reader send me a copy of his email where he scored the full 25K equalizer. Sorry I don't remember when he had applied.

As always YMMV

Side note: I'm seeing people gun shy to apply if they have 8-12 inquiries on Experian. I've gone as far as 17 and still gotten approvals with Chase by using the reconsideration phone line.
17 in the last one year? or two? makes a big difference.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by ipoinvestor
Is this card affiliated with Mastercard or Visa?
My question also. It doesn't show to have a Visa, MC or Amex logo, and it's not Discover.

Chase Sapphire cards have been out for a couple of years, is there any difficulty having them accepted at stores and online?

I just applied for the card, with no immediate decision.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
My question also. It doesn't show to have a Visa, MC or Amex logo, and it's not Discover.

Chase Sapphire cards have been out for a couple of years, is there any difficulty having them accepted at stores and online?

I just applied for the card, with no immediate decision.
It is a Visa. Chase is largely a Visa shop. Almost all its own cards are Visa cards.

What makes you think it may have difficulty being accepted at stores and online?
Old May 17, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Happy
It is a Visa. Chase is largely a Visa shop. Almost all its own cards are Visa cards.

What makes you think it may have difficulty being accepted at stores and online?
Thank you, Happy. I don't see a Visa logo on the photo of the card shown in the ads, so didn't know whose network would handle payments. Am glad it's not a whole new entity.
Old May 17, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Anyone who has taken a lot of hits recently inclined to sit this one out? This offer seems less amazing than the following recent offers:

- 100K BA (half the points)
- 50K CO (3K spend instead of 500 spend)
- 3x75K AA Citi offers (2/3 of the points)
- Amex 50K w 2 yrs fee waiver

How often does this sort of offer come around, and how much better is it than the normal Chase Preferred offer?
Old May 17, 2011, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Igor718
Yea this is interesting.

In the last 3 weeks I got.

AA Citi Visa 75K card
AA Citi Visa 75K card (for mother)
BA Chase 100K card
CO Chase 50K card
today applied and approved for AMEX gold at 50K points

will I be stretching it too much if I now apply for another Chase card??? Will they even approve me? Is it worth it or better hold off? I mean I already have 350K miles and not planning to fly anywhere this year.
Well, if you don't consider the dings to your credit score for the multiple credit applications in the last month or so, then I guess, No.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:53 pm
jk2

Question: How do you get an approval if you have 8+ pulls? In last 6 months, I applied for AMEX and Chase cards, all of them used Experian. So, I have 7 pulls during the last 6 months. One of these applications, for BA Visa, was declined and I cannot find any arguments for Chase reconsideration department to convince them to approve for BA Visa. They told me that this is too many applications for new credit. Now, I see that most of you guys have 10+ hits and you are approved. Did you say any special magical words?
Old May 17, 2011, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jk2
Question: How do you get an approval if you have 8+ pulls? In last 6 months, I applied for AMEX and Chase cards, all of them used Experian. So, I have 7 pulls during the last 6 months. One of these applications, for BA Visa, was declined and I cannot find any arguments for Chase reconsideration department to convince them to approve for BA Visa. They told me that this is too many applications for new credit. Now, I see that most of you guys have 10+ hits and you are approved. Did you say any special magical words?
Inquiries count is just one piece out of the whole puzzle of approval process. The credit profiles do not work as cookie cutter...

At a minimum, a person with long credit history often can carry more inquiries on his report without much effect than a person whose credit history is relatively short for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.