Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by ingy
Using the points for travel you get a 25% boost. 25K = $312.50 in airline tickets that earn miles.

They transfer into Continental, Hyatt, Marriott, BA, Priority Club points 1:1.

They also offer gift cards and other merchandise.
Can someone please explain the mechanics of the first part. Travel = flights on any airline? hotels? Do you book directly with the airlines? No capacity controls that would ordinarily apply to hotels, and the applicable price is whatever public fare you purchase?
Old May 14, 2011, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
For straight up flight redemptions, no it isn't as good. However 50,000 Sapphire Pref points = 50,000 Hyatt points which = 2 category four, 1 category three and 1 category two free nights. That could easily equate to $1,000+ in value depending on where you redeem.

Also 50,000 BA miles = a coach flight to Asia with relatively low fuel surcharges. Or a roundtrip from North America to South America with a bunch of stops AND a one way flight within south america. That could easily be worth $1,500+.

I like the flexibility of Sapphire Preferred points vs the fixed nature of Capital One. That being said, the Hyatt Gift cert option on the C1 deal was fantastic.
Thanks a bunch for the response.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: A few
Here we go yet another great offer.

Buyer beware though - I got locked out of Chase for a LONG time because of too many recent credit inquiries. I missed out on the original BA 100k and the UA 50k as a result. And once you have been denied a Chase card, it can be hard to get in (have seen some apps ask if you have been a denied a chase card in the past 6 months, with a straight decline if you have)

If you have more than 6 inquiries in the last 6 months, I'd think long and hard about this. I managed to sit on the fence for 6 months without any apps of any sort and finally got back in from the cold and I am not saying these are hard and fast rules but once you are on the outside it's real hard to get back in. I tried multiple times the reconsideration line but if they deny you for too many inquiries there is nothing they can do
Old May 14, 2011, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Fevsi
Can those chase ultimate points be transferred to another person's ff account to pool family miles? Or does the account have to be the same first and last name? can I split the transfer between my own and partner's ff accounts?
Chase UR points are transferable in 1000-point increments to any account with the participating airlines. There is no check to prevent sharing (e.g., wife's Chase account to husband's CO account).

There's a good discussion of this (for Ultimate Rewards and a few other programs) in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-1-better.html
Old May 14, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: UA
Any bet on how long this will last? I should probably wait before opening another Chase card since I opened the Hyatt and British Airways card fairly recently.
Old May 14, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by philemer
Chase did this for a lot of CO card holders too who had applied for the 25K offer up to 3 months before the 50K mile offer appeared. Chase is very reasonable.
I got the CO card with the 25K offer about a month ago. Thanks for suggesting that I ask for an additional 25K; I will do that.

Originally Posted by grlmopz
My wife applied for the Sapphire card with a 25K bonus in February (we wanted to shore up our quota of Star Alliance miles since we regularly fly PHL-FRA.)

She wrote to Chase this evening, via a secure message, to request a match to this current promotion. Within 1 hour, 25000 Ultimate Rewards points were transferred to her account.
grlmopz, how did the wording of that e-mail go (roughly)? I'd be thrilled to have the same experience.
Old May 14, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by travelmad478
I got the CO card with the 25K offer about a month ago. Thanks for suggesting that I ask for an additional 25K; I will do that.

grlmopz, how did the wording of that e-mail go (roughly)? I'd be thrilled to have the same experience.
Just got an extra 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points on a card I opened exactly a year ago. Less than 2 hours to receive the points from the time I requested them this morning. Annual fee was charged 20 days ago and is due in about 10 days, so I just got in under the wire on this one.

The email basically said a friend had gotten the 50,000 offer and I was wondering if there is any way that Chase could match the offer and give me the extra 25,000 points beyond what I originally received when I signed up.

They wrote back and said yes and the points posted instantly in the account! I love my friends on FT
Old May 14, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by ZapperO
Just got an extra 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points on a card I opened exactly a year ago. Less than 2 hours to receive the points from the time I requested them this morning. Annual fee was charged 20 days ago and is due in about 10 days, so I just got in under the wire on this one.

The email basically said a friend had gotten the 50,000 offer and I was wondering if there is any way that Chase could match the offer and give me the extra 25,000 points beyond what I originally received when I signed up.

They wrote back and said yes and the points posted instantly in the account! I love my friends on FT
Thanks! I'll do this right now.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: All of em...
Please keep us posted as to the expiration date of this offer!!
It would be great to get the offer details on the first post, and have an expiration date updated on it whenever it becomes available.

I am going to have to wait 2+ months at least before any new credit applications. Way too many new cards right now:
- AA Visa 75k pers
- AA AMEX 75k pers
- JetBlue AMEX 25k pers
- JetBlue AMEX 25k biz
- BA Visa 100k
- Continental MC 50k
- US Air MC 35k
Old May 14, 2011, 8:43 am

Between my wife and I, pers and biz, I've done 18 new cards in the last 2 months. Oh yeah, had to use mom and dad too on the Cap1 deal. I'll give this one a whirl anyway. Will have to try some sweet talking after the denial I'm sure. Just hate not to accept free stuff when they want to give it away.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
You could have asked them to match the 50K CO offer.
I did. That's why I said we got an *extra* 25K each.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: CO Plat
I just applied and got the pending decision. Hmm i guess that's the effect of all my recent applications. I have room to negotiate with chase about moving credit lines around so hopefully i can get it
Old May 14, 2011, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Fevsi
Can those chase ultimate points be transferred to another person's ff account to pool family miles? Or does the account have to be the same first and last name? can I split the transfer between my own and partner's ff accounts?
I'd like to know this as well.
Old May 14, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA, USAir
it's been answered on this page

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I'd like to know this as well.
See beltway's response above
Old May 14, 2011, 1:54 pm

Does anybody know the expiration date on this offer? Planning on applying for the Continental 50k card today since it expires tomorrow and waiting 30 days to apply for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.