Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Title doesnt look updated...still says 50k on "the special credit card offers master thread"....
Originally Posted by txrose86
The title says [50K offer has expired] Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K
I don't see how that's not the updated version?
The reference by glocklt4 was to "the special credit card offers master thread": http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html The non-updated title is still there: "50 K Chase Sapphire Preferred (Annual fee waived)".
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Has anyone applied for the current offer at 40k points and then submitted a request to Chase to match to the 50k offer and received the match?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by MissMiles
Has anyone applied for the current offer at 40k points and then submitted a request to Chase to match to the 50k offer and received the match?
Yes I was successful in getting my wife's card matched to the 50k offer the only stipulation was she had to meet the $3k spend first which once she did we sent a secure message and the additional 10k miles posted within an hour.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by Tazman540
Yes I was successful in getting my wife's card matched to the 50k offer the only stipulation was she had to meet the $3k spend first which once she did we sent a secure message and the additional 10k miles posted within an hour.
Thanks for the response. Is there an official/unofficial length of time between when an offer expires and when chase will no longer match an expired offer?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by MissMiles
Thanks for the response. Is there an official/unofficial length of time between when an offer expires and when chase will no longer match an expired offer?
Long time lurker just started posting as you can see. Only been doing this for about 6-7 months so maybe someone with more experience can tell you how long they will match. Probably only missed the 50k offer by a few weeks but reading everyones guidance on here I thought I had a good chance of getting it matched. Just explained to them she was loyal Chase customer and asked them to match to the recent 50k offer they responded no problem they would be more than happy to match once she met the $3k spend which they put the points in the other day when she met the spend.

I was also successful in getting my daughter bumped to 30k from 20k Chase Freedom offer a few weeks ago. Took the advice on here that others have posted to not take no for an answer and be as nice to them as possible.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I applied to the 40k offer maybe a week or so after the 50k offer expired. Seeing here that people got successfully matched to 50k, I sent a SM yesterday asking for a match. Their response was that the 50k offer "was made through a small direct mail test and is non-transferable" so they couldn't match it
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:29 am

Hey there,

I'm considering this card, but read in the fine print that "You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account."

I travel overseas A LOT, and this card would be a lot less attractive for me if it doesn't actually accumulate points from purchases I make outside the US. I use another card (AmEx SPG) when I'm Stateside, so the real benefit to this one is the no foreign transaction fees.

Does anyone have experience with this?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Djibi
Hey there,

I'm considering this card, but read in the fine print that "You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account."

I travel overseas A LOT, and this card would be a lot less attractive for me if it doesn't actually accumulate points from purchases I make outside the US. I use another card (AmEx SPG) when I'm Stateside, so the real benefit to this one is the no foreign transaction fees.

Does anyone have experience with this?
the foreign currency exclusion is an example of a "cash-like charge" so I assume it refers to getting foreign currency in cash or cash-equivalent rather than regular purchase in foreign currency. I recently traveled abroad and according to my statement it seems that I earned points for my foreign transactions.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Djibi
...foreign currency...
If you use the card to purchase currency you will not earn rewards, and you may pay interest beginning from the date of the transaction.

If you use the card to purchase goods or services denominated in a foreign currency you will earn rewards.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: UA
Chase Sapphire Card Declined -- Bizarre Answer

Hi, hoping someone from Chase might help me make some sense out of this. My wife and I applied for a Chase Sapphire approx. 2 weeks ago. Instead of getting an acceptance or denial letter, we got a weird letter from Chase saying that we are a victim of identity theft (they included a nice pamphlet about identity theft). I decided to call Chase, and they said they were not able to process our application, and that we had to re-apply. They didn't say we were declined or approved, and they couldn't give me any other answer than to "re-apply." Any ideas?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mrsiphu
Hi, hoping someone from Chase might help me make some sense out of this. My wife and I applied for a Chase Sapphire approx. 2 weeks ago. Instead of getting an acceptance or denial letter, we got a weird letter from Chase saying that we are a victim of identity theft (they included a nice pamphlet about identity theft). I decided to call Chase, and they said they were not able to process our application, and that we had to re-apply. They didn't say we were declined or approved, and they couldn't give me any other answer than to "re-apply." Any ideas?
That's crazy. Did they do a hard pull?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:51 am
mia

... letter from Chase saying that we are a victim of identity theft ...
When you pulled copies of your credit reports did you see any evidence to support this conclusion?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: UA
Yes, I pulled from the big-3, and nothing on there that is out of the ordinary. My FICO is 770, and absolutely zero derogatory accounts for the past ten years (and a zero balance on all of them -- I pay them off monthly). The Chase reconsideration line that I called was bizarre. I asked for a supervisor, and they put me on hold forever. I called them back, asked for a supervisor, and they took down my phone number, and said that someone will call me back. No one has. It's been 2 days now. I just don't get it. Please, is there anyone at Chase who is reading this, and is empowered to do something? If so, please private message me, and could you let me know what is going on?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:13 am
mia

...The Chase reconsideration line that I called was bizarre.
What does this mean?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by apk123
the foreign currency exclusion is an example of a "cash-like charge" so I assume it refers to getting foreign currency in cash or cash-equivalent rather than regular purchase in foreign currency. I recently traveled abroad and according to my statement it seems that I earned points for my foreign transactions.
Thank you both for clarifying. Not getting points to take out foreign cash makes a lot more sense than not getting points for regular purchases while overseas. That was pretty much the last piece of information I needed when deciding whether or not to get this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.