Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by marloweorr
1. This card is NOT made with 1oz of Palladium and the actual palladium content in the card is a trace amount making the card closer in composition to stainless steel. The card itself has a value of less than $8.00 if you were to melt it down for scrap. If anyone else has information to the contrary, please do share.
Enough copper that it's not even like stainless steel. post 1321, previously; it's more like brass.

The bottom line here is that any exclusivity around the card is, in my opinion, smoke and mirriors. Chase is looking to create the same aura around one of their products as Amex created when they launched the Centurion Card. Time, WSJ and other reputable news sources published articles about the Palladium Card which were filled with misinformation and outright falsehoods.
That's marketing.

On the the Centurion card, story is, the aura and rumors started first, and AMEX decide to make it come true. http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/blackcard.asp

No wonder that Chase, Citi and everyone else tried to do the same.

Welcome to FT.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Recent experience with downgrade to JPM Select?

My card is coming up for renewal shortly, and, as with a number of you, I'm finding it difficult to justify staying on board.

I just called the executive line to inquire about downgrade options (i.e., JPM Select) and was told that they could not even consider doing this until after I've had the Palladium card for one year. What's more, when I asked about the certainty of being able to perform the conversion after that year and getting a refund on the Palladium fee, the agent and their supervisor were at best non-committal.

This continues for me a long-running theme of dubious support and benefits with the card. My inclination is to cut bait and not even bother with another Chase card (I already have a Bold Ink).

Has anyone had recent experience in downgrading their Palladium to a JPM Select?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by fueldude
Just another data point...

Called today to see about renewing my GHA Black membership which expires end of month. Was informed that all memberships (hotel and airline) renew automatically if there has been any usage with the program.

On another note, the GHA membership has really impressed me. Use it often in STL and Denver and have received guaranteed upgrades at booking (booked through concierge and hotel locally), comped rooms, meals, etc... It is almost like some properties rarely see Black level members.
You will keep your membership but not at a Black level unless you had enough qualifying stays in the previous year to maintain that status. I was downgraded to gold and when I called the concierge this is what I was told.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Austin99
You will keep your membership but not at a Black level unless you had enough qualifying stays in the previous year to maintain that status. I was downgraded to gold and when I called the concierge this is what I was told.
You only keep Black status if you have enough qualifying stays? It's not black status for as long as you have the card?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by anks329
You only keep Black status if you have enough qualifying stays? It's not black status for as long as you have the card?
Correct
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: JPMorgan Palladium, AMEX MR, Krisflyer, M&M, United, SPG Gold
Regarding getting ATM cash from foreign countries and not paying any ATM fees or conversion fees in doing so, Private Banking clients have this feature already, so no reason to use "Schwab" or "UBS." I assume the reason this isn't a feature of the Palladium card is that it would be duplicative of something already offered by the Private Bank.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by CynthiaSteffe
Regarding getting ATM cash from foreign countries and not paying any ATM fees or conversion fees in doing so, Private Banking clients have this feature already, so no reason to use "Schwab" or "UBS." I assume the reason this isn't a feature of the Palladium card is that it would be duplicative of something already offered by the Private Bank.
Private Bank at JPM is effectively the same as the thing I have at UBS (though the investment threshold is lower at UBS )

The point is that the Palladium doesn't have this feature as built in; I'd argue it should since UBS's equivalent card does... If the Palladium wasn't a shiny piece of kit (importantly) with an EMV chip then the UBS offering is superior.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
My card is coming up for renewal shortly, and, as with a number of you, I'm finding it difficult to justify staying on board.

I just called the executive line to inquire about downgrade options (i.e., JPM Select) and was told that they could not even consider doing this until after I've had the Palladium card for one year. What's more, when I asked about the certainty of being able to perform the conversion after that year and getting a refund on the Palladium fee, the agent and their supervisor were at best non-committal.

This continues for me a long-running theme of dubious support and benefits with the card. My inclination is to cut bait and not even bother with another Chase card (I already have a Bold Ink).

Has anyone had recent experience in downgrading their Palladium to a JPM Select?
JPM Select card is discontinued and no longer available. Existing cards are grandfathered but no new cards are being issued.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
I would like to apply for the Chase Palladium card. I have 2 Chase Cards 1 is a Chase Freedom Signature and a Slate card. I would like to apply for this card. I just pulled my credit Equifax 780? Experian 784 and TU 788. I don't have a Private Banker or Lots of money in the bank. What are the chances of getting this?

The only banker I have is when I go into the branch and deposit money.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by jpark1982
JPM Select card is discontinued and no longer available. Existing cards are grandfathered but no new cards are being issued.
Have they stopped taking applications in branches? Can't tell where I saw it but it was posted that they had taken down the online application but one could still apply in the branch.

I am up for renewal and planning to visit the local CPC where I have trolled casually in the past. If the banker can do it then great, if not so long Pd, hello Select.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by NWA777
I would like to apply for the Chase Palladium card. I have 2 Chase Cards 1 is a Chase Freedom Signature and a Slate card. I would like to apply for this card. I just pulled my credit Equifax 780? Experian 784 and TU 788. I don't have a Private Banker or Lots of money in the bank. What are the chances of getting this?

It sounds like the opportunities to get the Palladium are becoming slimmer unless you utilize CPC or another related private banker that has an in. Unfortunately, just good credit and some Chase cards aren't going to do it for you. Good luck though!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
Originally Posted by TexasTea
It sounds like the opportunities to get the Palladium are becoming slimmer unless you utilize CPC or another related private banker that has an in. Unfortunately, just good credit and some Chase cards aren't going to do it for you. Good luck though!

I called a local branch earlier. They said to call a Private Banker. I called the Private Banker. I inquired about the Palladium. I said my Credit Scores are in the 780's. I make about 80,000 wife is about 40,000.
He suggested a Sapphire Preferred Signature instead. He said a lot of people who have the Palladium don't like it.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Have they stopped taking applications in branches? Can't tell where I saw it but it was posted that they had taken down the online application but one could still apply in the branch.

I am up for renewal and planning to visit the local CPC where I have trolled casually in the past. If the banker can do it then great, if not so long Pd, hello Select.
This is the only post I remember seeing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19494417-post44.html

Unfortunately, it's about six months out of date so I don't know if anything's changed.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
...posted that they had taken down the online application but one could still apply in the branch.
I mentioned this in post #6 of this thread, but I did not followup at a branch to verify.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20516718-post6.html
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by NWA777

Did you read this post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.