Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:37 am

They just open it up for you or ask you to buy the membership and they would reimburse you?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Originally Posted by boncovi
They just open it up for you or ask you to buy the membership and they would reimburse you?
nope they just sign you up over the phone. You give them your mileage plus number and you have immediate access. I used it already last weekend, its linked to your account. United gets the info on Tuesdays, and it takes 4 weeks after that to get your physical card.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: JPMorgan Palladium, AMEX MR, Krisflyer, M&M, United, SPG Gold
Bravek's post doesn't make sense. He/she is not a PB client (read his/her post history). If service was indeed delineated by tiers, why is he/she being offered these extra perks (indeed, after being a member for only 4 or so weeks) and not for Private Banking clients?

For the record, the JPM has discontinued the:
1) Companion Ticket with BA
2) Priority Pass Select Issuance

Apparently they're revamping the benefits. This is all a little upsetting.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:13 am

I don't know that I would count on the Delta Skyclub benefit. As far as I can tell, this comes from a single incident reported on another board. The poster said he called the concierge and told them that he would cancel his Delta AMEX (with the Skyclub benefit) and shift $10k-$15k spending/month from that over to his Palladium, and the concierge told him to purchase the membership and that they would credit the fee.

So it seems like a huge YMMV situation.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:25 am

That seems more logical.

Now if I could just buy two business class tickets and have JPM reimburse me for one...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Originally Posted by CynthiaSteffe
That seems more logical.

Now if I could just buy two business class tickets and have JPM reimburse me for one...
I bet that benefit is similar to the amex companion benefit where the cost of 1 qualifying business class ticket >= 2 x discounted business class tickets. So not a huge loss in my book.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There have been BA companion offers from American Express, Diners Club, Merrill+ VISA, Saks, and (I think) the Chase BA VISA. Every one of them has required purchase of a full fare unrestricted ticket. This still has value if you need to travel on short notice or may need to cancel.

Discussion of current American Express companion offer on British Airways begins at post #155:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-details.html
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:18 am

I'm aware of that. But the real savings start with first class tickets.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The American Express International Airline (companion) program does include British Airways First.

https://www295.americanexpress.com/c...gram:LearnMore

Last edited by mia; Jun 1, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:37 pm
x00

For what it's worth, another benefit that's gone is the Travelex free shipping on currency exchange. Not really a big deal as you can get it exchanged at the bank, but it was a neat perk.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
I really want to make it to one of these events in NYC. Can you elaborate on how nice it was? thanks.
It was just a casual, yet very up scale, event at the Christie's galleries. I didn't see any JPM branding, so I think was just a normal Christie's thing to generate interest before a sale. Wonderful mixed drinks, amazing appetizers, and just a fun air to the event. It was too warm out for fur, but I bet every lady there owns at least one. Prices started at $15K for a crappy photo and went way, way up. All n all, a great way to spend an evening.

Full report here: http://www.frequentflyerguy.com/2012...rd-events.html
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by hawata
I heard that JP Morgan will send an envelope to "recycle" the card. Since you cant cut it easily... ;-)
This is correct. I had mine remade based upon tooling marks on the first card
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CynthiaSteffe
Bravek's post doesn't make sense. He/she is not a PB client (read his/her post history). If service was indeed delineated by tiers, why is he/she being offered these extra perks (indeed, after being a member for only 4 or so weeks) and not for Private Banking clients?

For the record, the JPM has discontinued the:
1) Companion Ticket with BA
2) Priority Pass Select Issuance

Apparently they're revamping the benefits. This is all a little upsetting.
While it's true that JP Morgan has switched over from Priority Pass to Lounge Club, it is still possible to obtain a Priority Pass membership with the Palladium Card.

My United Red Carpet Club membership was set up via concierge and the welcome kit for United club arrived in ~3 wks. No questions were asked.

Delta Sky club membership was set up for me via concierge and required that I pre-charge the amount to my card which was then reimbursed. I approached them with a simple request and was told they would be happy to reimburse me for a 1 yr individual membership to Delta Sky Clubs.

Not sure if the whole tier thing exists ......

Last edited by bravek201; Jun 1, 2012 at 6:31 pm
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:45 pm

Palladium

Just for some additional data, I applied and got approved for both the Ink Bold & Palladium this week as I am shifting my business from AMEX to Chase.

I have no assets with Chase and since I talked to a person due to the multiple apps, when talking to the personal lines underwriter /reviewer, I asked her about the tiered service.

She said the card is only marketed internally to private client and private bank clients, but the main difference between JPM private bank clients and everyone else is that they can issue a card to an internal private client or private bank client with an exposure limit up to 80% of their assets, no credit determination needed.

I hope this is useful and thank flyertalk for all the data, I have been silently studying the card programs for some time.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cucamonga
Just for some additional data, I applied and got approved for both the Ink Bold & Palladium this week as I am shifting my business from AMEX to Chase.

I have no assets with Chase and since I talked to a person due to the multiple apps, when talking to the personal lines underwriter /reviewer, I asked her about the tiered service.

She said the card is only marketed internally to private client and private bank clients, but the main difference between JPM private bank clients and everyone else is that they can issue a card to an internal private client or private bank client with an exposure limit up to 80% of their assets, no credit determination needed.

I hope this is useful and thank flyertalk for all the data, I have been silently studying the card programs for some time.
Welcome and thanks for sharing. Were they generous with the CLs even though you applied for two cards? Did you escape with a single pull ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.