Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
All three of my links to the offer no longer work. The one direct to the application page lasted a day longer than the other two. Sigh.

So, we await someone finding another link to the offer and posting it here.
Beat me to it by a minute.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.britishairways.com/chaseonboard

This link works, but offers me "only 30K" miles.

•20,000 bonus BA Miles after first use of card
•10,000 bonus BA Miles after you spend $750 on the card

Further: is there any way to turn miles into a hotel program. Search turned up question, but no answer to it.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Our first statement hasn't closed yet and we are about $100 away from hitting the 2K mark. No miles posted yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the entire 100K to hit soon after the 1st statement closes...
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Continued Inability to Book Domestic AA Flights

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I've been attempting today (AM and PM) to use BA miles to book a US domestic flight (on AA), without success.

The BA website lets me select the flights (telling me there are only x seats left for each), takes my cellphone number, tells me that the cost will be 25,000 miles + $10, and takes my credit card data. There are about 3 web pages to complete. Finally, it says 'no can do' and invites me to Start Over. There is no indication of what has gone wrong.

Have others had difficulty booking AA flights on the BA website recently?

If I call in to make the reservation with a human, how much will the extra charge be?

Thank you.
That was yesterday, and my luck today is no better with a variety of web browsers and credit cards. The usual error message begins:
We have been unable to confirm your booking at this time. Please try again later.
During a couple of attempts I saw an alternative error message:
The bank that issued your credit card would like some information from you.
Error
* As you have been unable to verify yourself with your bank or card issuer we cannot complete this transaction. Please select another card or call your bank or card issuer directly
There is no opportunity to learn what information the bank (Citi) supposedly wants, and trying a CC from a different bank (BoA) doesn't help.

One odd thing is that the BA website pre-enters my street, ZIP+4 and nation on the payment page, but not the (required) city, state or mobile phone number.

I called BA's reservation line (1-800-247-9297) to see if I could make an agent could waive the telephone fee and make the reservation for me, but the system indicated an estimated wait time of 20 minutes.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:34 pm

Companion Voucher

Does any one know how long does it take to get the companion voucher? I just hit the $30k mark for this calendar year a few days ago, based on transaction dates as others have suggested is the relevant marker. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA, United
I called BA's reservation line (1-800-247-9297) to see if I could make an agent could waive the telephone fee and make the reservation for me, but the system indicated an estimated wait time of 20 minutes.
On Tuesday I got 7 minutes wait time message, I waited 18 then hang up. Yesterday I got 18 minutes wait time, they answered after 5.

On a different topic, any ideas how to book a stopover flight NYC-OGG that doesn't involve DFW. Online that seems to be only stopover available. The BA rep wasn't too helpful either, she searched few days and said DFW is the only choice. Im looking to stopover in SFO or ORD.

Thanks,
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:11 pm

That was yesterday, and my luck today is no better with a variety of web browsers and credit cards. The usual error message begins:

During a couple of attempts I saw an alternative error message:

There is no opportunity to learn what information the bank (Citi) supposedly wants, and trying a CC from a different bank (BoA) doesn't help.

One odd thing is that the BA website pre-enters my street, ZIP+4 and nation on the payment page, but not the (required) city, state or mobile phone number.

I have already made a couple reservations with BA miles for AA flights and I had identical problems when attempting to book online. Just call the reservation line and explain the errors received when attempting to book online and they will waive the telephone fee.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sucker777
Does any one know how long does it take to get the companion voucher? I just hit the $30k mark for this calendar year a few days ago, based on transaction dates as others have suggested is the relevant marker. Thanks.
See post 2260 2 pages back - the timeline is in the Ts and Cs which you can either search it on BA site or get the link from post 2260.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by gak999
On a different topic, any ideas how to book a stopover flight NYC-OGG that doesn't involve DFW. Online that seems to be only stopover available. The BA rep wasn't too helpful either, she searched few days and said DFW is the only choice. Im looking to stopover in SFO or ORD.

Thanks,
I would first try to find award-seat availability on AA's website, and then call BA and ask about booking the flights you found. I would think that you would be entitled to stop over in ORD and LAX (not sure about SFO) if you wanted to and could find available award seats, but I suppose it would depend on how BA interprets its "most direct route" rule.

Last edited by guv1976; Jan 13, 2010 at 6:07 pm
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Originally Posted by sucker777
4-6 weeks
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:32 pm

I hate to ask but I cant find it in all the pages!

I have tried finding this but there are too many pages to look through now as this thread just keeps growing. So I apologize in advance.

When I got my card back in Dec, there was no Executive membership # on it. I received a letter from Chase telling me I had miles but there was no where for them to post and I needed an EC #. So I applied for the EC# and called Chase to give them the #. They told me I had to call BA and give it to them and so I did.......and BA told me to call Chase and give it to them. After several telephone calls, my miles have still not posted to my BA EC. I currently have about 102,000 miles that have been awarded to me by Chase. They are on my statement but not on the BA EC site.

I keep calling BA but after waiting what seems like forever, no one ever picks up. I seem to remember reading on this thread some time ago about others who had the same issue.

Can someone please tell me how I can remedy this situation? Im getting more frustrated by the minute!

Again, I apologize since this has been discussed.....somewhere on this thread......but I really need some assistance.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jkjkmc
I have tried finding this but there are too many pages to look through now as this thread just keeps growing. So I apologize in advance.

When I got my card back in Dec, there was no Executive membership # on it. I received a letter from Chase telling me I had miles but there was no where for them to post and I needed an EC #. So I applied for the EC# and called Chase to give them the #. They told me I had to call BA and give it to them and so I did.......and BA told me to call Chase and give it to them. After several telephone calls, my miles have still not posted to my BA EC. I currently have about 102,000 miles that have been awarded to me by Chase. They are on my statement but not on the BA EC site.

I keep calling BA but after waiting what seems like forever, no one ever picks up. I seem to remember reading on this thread some time ago about others who had the same issue.

Can someone please tell me how I can remedy this situation? Im getting more frustrated by the minute!

Again, I apologize since this has been discussed.....somewhere on this thread......but I really need some assistance.
Yes, it has been discussed many times. It is Chase's issue, not BA, so you will get no help from BA.

Send a secure message to Chase after logging in to your Chase account and ask them to add your BAEC # to your account. That's it. Then you should receive your new card with the BAEC #.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:02 pm
nsr

Question

I crossed the 30k in Dec but the statement closed on Jan. Anyone know if this will get me a voucher for 2009 or is the Jan statement going to be considered in 2010 only?

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Your questions are answered in BA's Terms & Conditions: "When the Member has reached the Spend Target, an e-voucher (“Redemption Voucher”) will automatically be added to their BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. The Redemption Voucher will be valid from the date on which it appears on the Member’s Executive Club account and will be valid for 24 months."

The spend target is based on the calendar year ---- it resets on Jan. 1.

The T&C are at: www.ba.com/redeemfor1travelfor2
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:08 pm

Just in case anyone is having trouble still finding a link to this deal, I can confirm it is still active; try (888)593-5212, which is the phone number from the original invitation email. If they ask for your invitation number, just say that you don't have it in front of you. 3 of us applied for the card with no problems. Well actually I did have a problem, in that I was rejected for having a previous card application for a UA visa card that I never applied for, but after pleading with the credit applications department they squeezed me in. In any case, good luck!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA, CO, BA, Iberia
BA EC#?

I applied for the card on Jan 10 and received an e-mail from BA welcoming me to the Executive Club and giving me my pin this morning. I called Chase and found I had indeed been approved. I can't log in the EC site because I don't have an EC#, just a pin. Can someone who has gotten the card during one of the previous times the 100K miles were offered tell me if Chase sends you the EC# along with the card and welcome info? I apologize if this has been answered before but I couldn't bring myself to look through all 150 pages of posts! Gracias!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.