Safe hotels in Bogota, Colombia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.

Traveling to Bogota, Colombia in three weeks and am interested in knowing about safe hotels in Bogota. Others who may have traveled there, please shed some light on what is available, pricing, safety, accessibility, etc.

Thank you
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Safe hotel

There is a real nice Embassy Suites in Zona Rosa that you may want to check it.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:47 pm

Hotel Royal, Radisson, Marriott, Sheraton....all very nice and safe. Just depends on what area you want to be in and what activites you would like to do... ^
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
You can find some detailed reviews here of the three best luxury hotels in Bogata: Casa Medina, Hotel La Opera, and 104 Art Suites.

Really though, the safety situation there is massively improved from even five years ago. I'd be more worried now about the safety of my hotel in D.C. or Houston. As long as you're in a hotel that caters to foreign business travelers, you'll probably be fine.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Traveling to Bogota, Colombia in three weeks and am interested in knowing about safe hotels in Bogota. Others who may have traveled there, please shed some light on what is available, pricing, safety, accessibility, etc.

Thank you
Don't mean to be a party pooper, but I believe Columbia is part of South America and not Central America. Have a look on any world map.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by maltasr
Don't mean to be a party pooper, but I believe Columbia is part of South America and not Central America. Have a look on any world map.
Columbia is part of the name of a Canadian province. Colombia the country is in South America.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:25 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I was quite please with the Hotel Charleston. It's in an area filled with restaurants and shopping, and was quite comfortable to walk around in day or night. The above-mentioned Casa Medina is part of the same hotel group.

http://www.hotelcharlestonbogota.com/
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Columbia is part of the name of a Canadian province. Colombia the country is in South America.
Sorry, but header says "Bogota, Columbia."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.