Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walk between terminals at PTY

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Angry Walk between terminals at PTY

Its a cool shiny new intl terminal l thought as l arrived at PTY off a 6hr flt. I looked at the time realizing a mere 23 minutes was all l had to get what seemed like a "million miles" bc there was no inter-terminal transport.
The left leg is cramped and l am now "gramped" as 70yrs have been great but now speed walking not easy. I was dismayed as l had to do it, bc even the moving sidewalks 75% of which out of order so my anxiety ramped up along maybe # 83 of the 100 or so gates l had to get by before entering the dom terminal and my flt on time... I made it bc as a former athlete l get by my pain to suffer it later which l am, but angry pretty much at this abandonment of responsibilty by that spank new airport agency in Panamama.
I guess l can ask ... is up with it, 100 gates? no transport shuttle buses or anything? l am not expecting much by airlines anymore so is this a new trend by Airport terminal management make passengers squirm hustle and miss a connection if they are unable to do an OJ Simpson dash?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by whatwherehowwhynot
even the moving sidewalks 75% of which out of order so my anxiety ramped up along maybe # 83 of the 100 or so gates l had to get by before entering the dom terminal and my flt on time...
Yours is the first complaint I've seen about this, although it's true. Most travelers are ecstatic that they can change planes without having to deal with security, immigration, or passport checks. I don't think Copa regularly sells itineraries with 23 minute connection times.

You might be assuaged by considering that any sort of inter-terminal transit system would likely be broken down at a similar rate of those moving sidewalks.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Well as they say everything good in Panama is secret! And you find out everything bad is as well, Ha.
Anyway the 23 mins was turned around and exaggerated, an actual 50 mins, sorry l was amplified literally knee jerked at a loss at the distance ahead to walk with my grampa'ed knee.
I factored in walking a bunch certainly planning my trip but not expecting 100+ gates. It did get my old goat angry. It seemed as l reflected, trying to find information via a reasonably functioning official PTY website l got simple sketchy pages with few if any aspects in league with other international airports l have flown and or researched via their web pages.
My layover is longer next time and hope my tenor has improved and walkways operational, if l must. They use carts l saw 2 or 3 and a post searched told of a promised one that never showed but l may dial it in maybe.
l might so as not to spend 6 hours in coach w pain agitated and of course a general firm belief its a reasonable amenity to provide flyers needs in transiting terminals of a certain distance from each other.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:01 am

They do offer a shuttle bus between terminals. I used it twice.
whatwherehowwhynot likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:20 am
Original Poster

but where why not?

Cool so great thanks did not see it when I came off the jetway.. could you share exactly where this bus is.. or how to get it.?
l certainly was looking for it.. Maybe its "secret" as many good things in Panama are. thanks in advance.

Last edited by whatwherehowwhynot; Apr 11, 2024 at 6:26 am
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by whatwherehowwhynot
l certainly was looking for it.. Maybe its "secret" as many good things in Panama are. thanks in advance.
I believe the bus is landside. The Copa Airlines forum should have more posts about it.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

but where why not?

Well that landside is maybe the one l saw serving the City could go to one terminal then the other but not really helpful. The model every other airport out there is airside though right?

no copa airlines forum here at flyertalk and nothing so far at other forums. Thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:09 pm

There most definitely is a Copa Airlines forum on this site. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/
Old Apr 12, 2024, 7:02 am
Original Poster

but where why not?

Yep l went to there.. search was fruitless, nothing related to my query and old posts not relevant to the new terminal as it was not open. Additionally "connect miles" seems specific, apportioned. In any event if there is an alternative to walking terminals and a hundred gates plus, it is not an easy find physically or via the airports web presence.
So IF PTY were to attend to or revamp their website to parity with most friendly airports around the globe links to customer needs including amenities where add revenues would off set cost of operation, updating weather reports as just an example it would be nice don't you think? Feels funny is what l am saying when one looks to have basic knowledge and gets a sense they cannot have it. Truly weird. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.