Wiki Posts
Search

PCR Tests Nicaragua

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, KLM Flying Blue, Lifemiles
PCR Tests Nicaragua

Hello all, it's time to finally travel again.

Work is taking me to Nicaragua but we're having a hard time figuring out the PCR requirement. Word around the internet has been that Nicaragua sometimes rejects PCR's but no one knows exactly why. Here in Canada PCR tests can now be taken everywhere but often they are done through bCube, Abbot ID Now, and sometimes Lucira. These are all called PCR's here but no all lab based. Anyone have any clear knowledge of what exactly Nicaragua is looking for in terms of the PCR test requirement?

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:54 pm

From experience they want a pcr test taken within 72 hours, but you need to submit your results to the airline 36 hours before your last flight to nicaragua. Avianca usually sends out a email with all the details, it’s a bit of a nightmare in terms of getting a test and results within 36 hours and then having to send it to the airline. Avianca also claims you need to have the deep nose swab (don’t remember the name) but I have gotten in with the shallow nose one as well. But depending on where you are going it can be a lot easier to fly to Costa Rica instead, snd just take the land boarder over as you don’t need to worry about the 36 hour before your last flight deadline.
hope this helps

Edit: I believe it’s a lab base pcr test that’s needed. I’ve gotten in after having my pcr test done by switch health at Toronto airport.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, KLM Flying Blue, Lifemiles
Thanks. Yea, I know the 36 hour thing is a bit of a problem, but I think its doable. Since its business travel and only for three days, the Costa Rica transfer is not an option for me. Appreciate the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.