Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coffee and Chocolate Tours Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Coffee and Chocolate Tours Costa Rica

I'm going to Costa Rica with a few friends in May. We're doing 2 days in Arenal, 2 days in San Jose, and 2 days in Monteverde. We'll start in San Jose, spend a night there, then drive to Arenal, spend 2 days there, then drive to Monteverde, spend 2 days, then drive back to San Jose and spend a night before heading home.

We're looking for coffee and chocolate tours while there. Any suggestions for those tours or others? Please note that some in the group have previous hip, knee, or ankle injuries, so things like ziplining and waterfall rappelling are out.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
The Doka Estate (NW of San José) and Café Britt (N of San José) are in the Central Valley. Both offer enjoyable, informative coffee tours.

Doka Estate

Café Britt
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
There is also the only coffee farm owned by Starbucks in the world North of SJO Airport. Ask your hotel and they can arrange a tour and perhaps lunch for you. The views are outstanding. Enjoy!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACC2008
There is also the only coffee farm owned by Starbucks in the world North of SJO Airport. Ask your hotel and they can arrange a tour and perhaps lunch for you. The views are outstanding. Enjoy!
Thanks! I'll reach out to them.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:38 am

Further to the point about the Starbucks farm - I kind of scoffed at that when I first heard about it because it's Starbucks. It's actually really beautiful, the tours are great, and it's a genuine Costa Rican coffee farm; nothing corporate-y about it.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:39 am

I'll also add that a lot of the rum tours you can do down there do pairings with chocolate and it's a fantastic combination, if you're into rum.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:28 am
Original Poster

We did the Starbucks Farm tour, which was nice, but still felt corporate-y. We also opted for a coffee, chocolate, and night hike tour at Don Juan Monteverde, while we were there. That one was amazing. We were the only two on that tour, and everything was tailored to us. We opted out of a lot of the night hike as we did one elsewhere the night before and I slipped and fell, so I wasn't looking forward to attempting similar terrain again. However, they did see a sloth very low in a tree and made sure we got great photos of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.