Wiki Posts
Search

Resort near Liberia, Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Resort near Liberia, Costa Rica

Looking for a resort near Liberia Costa Rica for March 2019, me and 2 of my guy friends are going. Would prefer something more adult oriented. Currently considering the Westin or the soon to be open Planet Hollywood. Any thoughts? Any other good options? Nightlife and Scuba diving nearby would be a plus.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
I flew over Manzanillo beach where the PH is being built and it looks amazing. I would definitely stay there.

As far as nightlife, in a resort you will probably stay most of your time there. Liberia itself isn't a touristy spot, you will have to head to the beach. If you're REALLY looking for night life, Playa del Coco will be numero 1.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Thanks. Got a great rate at PH, so will probably do that. But would like to see some pictures of the beach once the hotel is completed.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
I would stay in Tamarindo, some of the all inclusive, bigger resorts are super far from everything.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Take a look at
  • Hotel Riu
  • Riu Palace
  • El Mangroove Autograph Collection by Marriott
  • Andaz Papagayo by Hyatt
  • Secrets Papagayo
  • And if you like the jet-set lifestyle, you have the Four Seasons Papagayo...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:48 pm

The Westin seems very locked away from everything that makes the area great, that and they have very poor relations with the locals. We've stayed at El Mangroove yearly and it has always been a great experience. Rent a car, Coco is an easy drive, even at night. We're only in this area off-peak, so I can't speak to what it will be in the near future, although most blogs tend to scare folks away from driving at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.