Caravan.com Tour?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caravan.com Tour?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
Caravan.com Tour?

Has anyone done a Caravan.com tour to Costa Rica? It looks good on line, but has anyone actually done one. We are thinking of going for the 10 day trip in early Jan 2012.

DD
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Yes via Caravan, but not to Costa Rica. I had no problems. They're great, professional, lots of experience and you should expect no less than a wonderful time.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Bump.

Have not heard anything on this forum. We will be going on a Caravan Tour in Feb 2013. Any recent travellers - hotels on the tour, etc.?

DD
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
I'm not a tour person and avoid tours when possible.

I had taken a Caravan tour to Guatemala and Honduras some years ago due to safety concerns in Guatemala. The tour was very well organized and the company did an excellent job.

I was so impressed with Caravan that I intended to travel to Costa Rica and Panama with them when my schedule permited.

When the oppourtunity to visit Costa Rica came my way, I obviously booked a Caravan tour. I regret the choice to travel with Caravan in Costa Rica and wish I had travelled independently. The tour was terrible, had a lot of filler (cheesy fashion shows, a stupid demonstration of how to choose a pineapple at the pineapple plantation and an equally uninformative talk about coffee at the coffee plantation), meals were poor, the guide wasn't too good and the hotels were a mixed bag.

Fortunately, given my bad experience with the company in Costa Rica I travelled in Panama independently, which was brillant.

DoggyDaddy, I hope you have a better experience in Costa Rica than I did with Caravan. I'm not saying they are a bad company, I couldn't fault them for what they provided in Guatemala, and was expecting the same in Costa Rica. Have a good trip and please report back, I'll be interested to hear what the tour was like for you.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

We took a Caravan tour to Costa Rica the end of Jan. It was a 10 day tour which turned into a 11 day trip as our trip back was delayed by the Blizzard in the North East.

We had a blast. The previous poster did not like the shows, the pineapple plantation blurb, and the coffee tour, but we enjoyed them. I even won a $15 prize at the coffee tour.

The hotels were great and we thought the food was good. The tour director was fantastic, and the people on the tour were very friendly.

There was a lot of bus time, but we knew that before the trip. The bus was brand new and very comfortable.

We are now thinking of a Caravan trip to Guatamala and/or to the Mount Rushmore tour.

DD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.