Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Costa Rica - places to visit from San Jose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler

Due to a variety of reasons, my wife and I want to spend just 2 to 3 days in Costa Rica. Any suggestions as to what we can visit from San Jose? We are not in the best of health and long days or strenuous hikes would tire us out. Most of the "packages" that I see in the web seems to be of 7 days or more duration. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: CO Gold
National Theater followed by Gold Museum

Jade Museum at the INS building

Museo Nacional

Those are ultra easy, short walk ....probably less than 1 mile and you can go at your own pace ....Poas Volcano , shorter walk (from where the bus drops you off of course) Irazu Volcano

San Jose cant be described as a 'nice city' so the options there are very limited

You could also do a tour to a coffee farm

INBIO park is a nice museum where you can see many interesting things about our fauna/flora
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
I second the coffee tour.

I highly recommend Doka Estates:

http://dokaestate.com/coffee_tour/mapa_eng.html

It's a bit tricky to find, but totally worth it.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:33 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to our Central America forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.