FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Discuss your meal options here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/913150-discuss-your-meal-options-here.html)

midlevels Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Does any one know what type of meal is served in First Class on the red eye SIN flights CX659 & CX714?

midlevels Oct 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by midlevels (Post 19474593)
Does any one know what type of meal is served in First Class on the red eye SIN flights CX659 & CX714?

To answer my own question:

CX659: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19496418-post60.html
CX714: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19496433-post61.html

chinatown Jan 10, 2013 6:02 am

not to sound superficial, but good lord, serving USD $20 Red and White wines in International F????

marcuslai Jan 10, 2013 6:11 am

i guess you can always get the bordeux which would retail at least usd 50 or the krug. besides low cost != unenjoyable. indeed while in F i have often asked to be served J's hedonist moonvine. that wine is not fancy but it's close to impossible to find in japan where i live and i find really very lovely.

Uli Jan 10, 2013 8:19 am

if you bring your own wine bought in dirty free, they will glady open it and serve it for you. i know that this is not the ideal concept if you bought an F ticket, but unless you are flying EK this is sometimes the better choice rather than being unhappy during the entire flight :)

correctioncx Jan 11, 2013 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Uli (Post 20017208)
if you bring your own wine bought in dirty free, they will glady open it and serve it for you. i know that this is not the ideal concept if you bought an F ticket, but unless you are flying EK this is sometimes the better choice rather than being unhappy during the entire flight :)

The crew will NOT serve alcohol that you buy from duty free.

unfrequentflyer Jan 11, 2013 10:40 am

I downed 2 bottles of Krug on my last CX flight

5DMarkIIguy Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm

What happened to the Lynch Bages on first?

Uli Jan 12, 2013 3:49 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx (Post 20023396)
The crew will NOT serve alcohol that you buy from duty free.

happened to me.
but since the bordeaux 1855 promotion, no need to bring own wine :)

fly747first Jan 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Strong (Post 20032258)

CX841 JFK-HKG January 2013

Brunch

Starters
Orange or apple juice

Mango energiser

Fresh seasonal fruit

Mixed fruit Greek yoghurt

Assorted cereals

Main Courses
Scrambled egg rolls with cottage cheese, roesti
potatoes, grilled tomato and mushrooms

Singaporean stir-fried rice vermicelli with shrimp

Sliced beef congee, served with steamed mushroom rice
roll with imperial soy sauce

Bread Basket
Assorted breakfast bread
served with preserves, honey and butter

Tea and Coffee

Lunch

Starters
Marinated prawns with asparagus on spicy mango
papaya salad

Mesclun salad with raspberry vinaigrette

Main Courses
Grilled USDA prime beef tenderloin with demi glace,
rosemary rosted kipfler potatoes and mixed vegetables

Hong Kong style curry chicken with steamed rice, pak
choy, black mushrooms and carrots

Sundried tomato and olive crusted cod on cauliflower
puree with vegetables

Papardelle pasta with white asparagus cream sauce
and grilled green asparagus

Cheese and Dessert
Cambazola, Chaumes, Manchego

Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolate mascarpone cake and raspberry coulis

Tea and Coffee

Pralines

Snacks
Warm reuben sandwich

Wontons in noodle soup

Hägen-Dazs Ice Cream

Drink List
Juices
orange, apple, tomato

Soft Drinks
Coke Zero, Coke, Coke Light, Sprite, Perrier water
tonic water, soda water and ginger ale

Coffees
freshly brewed coffee, espresso, cappuccino and caffé latte
regular or decaffeinated

Teas
Hong Kong style milk tea
Ceylon, Japanese, jasmine
organic selection: camomile, early grey and peppermint

Hot Chocolate

WINE LIST

Champagne
Champagne Deutz, Brut Classic

White Wines
Simi Sonoma County Chardonnay 2009

Peter Schweiger Gruner Veltliner Kamptal Terrassen DAC Reserve 2010

Red wines
Clos Du Boi North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon 2008

Château Hanteillan Haut Medoc Cru Bourgeois 2010

Port
Dow's Late Bottled Vintage Port 2007

Aperitifs and Cocktails
Gin - Rim - Vodka - Martini Rosso - Martini Extra Dry
Campari - Sweet and Dry Sherry - Bloody Mary - Screwdriver

Whiskies
Chivas Regal 12 Years Old - Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve
Jack Daniel's - Canadian Club

Cognac
Hine 'Rare and Delicate' Fine Champagne

Liqueurs
Drambuie - Cointreau - Bailey's Irish Cream

Beer
International selection

CX signature drinks
Oriental Breeze
Cloud Nine

Thanks for posting. I'm doing this flight next month and not exactly thrilled about the onboard cuisine.

conde Feb 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Has anyone recently ordered a special meal in F to report, such as Kosher or Halal? Although I am not on a strictly Kosher diet (I like shellfish, and cheeseburgers), I would like to avoid being served swine. I will be flying between LAX and HKG.

correctioncx Feb 18, 2013 3:37 am

Originally Posted by conde (Post 20266871)
Has anyone recently ordered a special meal in F to report, such as Kosher or Halal? Although I am not on a strictly Kosher diet (I like shellfish, and cheeseburgers), I would like to avoid being served swine. I will be flying between LAX and HKG.

I think it is safe as there will def be at least 1 dish that does not have pork? But do u need it to be prepared the kosher or halah way? U can order the special meal if u want and then can still select the normal menu if it ticks u fancy- obviously subject to other pax and u will not get first choice

beachfan Feb 18, 2013 5:33 am

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy (Post 20026597)
What happened to the Lynch Bages on first?

Supposedly part of the Bordeaux wine collection, but other than the pontet-canet, the others are two steps down. I rarely here of the LB being served anymore.

beachfan Feb 18, 2013 5:36 am

Originally Posted by conde (Post 20266871)

My wife ordered Indian veg, if that's in your sphere of interest. As good as my Chinese entree ( braised abalone and chicken) whic was meh. But given enough caviar, I could care less about the entree.

conde Feb 18, 2013 9:21 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx (Post 20268669)
I think it is safe as there will def be at least 1 dish that does not have pork? But do u need it to be prepared the kosher or halah way? U can order the special meal if u want and then can still select the normal menu if it ticks u fancy- obviously subject to other pax and u will not get first choice

True, I'm sure there will likely one entree from the main menu that seems appetizing. I am not bent on having food that is kosher or halal; just no swine. I would be open to trying other special menu types as well. However reading from listed menus, bacon in corn chowder, ham in salad, anyone's guess to how the dim sum is prepared... I thought that maybe an alternative menu might seem more appealing to my tastes. I have never ordered a special meal for a flight before. I have not tried the food in Cathay Pacific's F cabin before, however I thought the food in J was underwhelming. In all likelihood, I will probably not order a special meal, but would like to consider alternate options.