Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX 744 F class Seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:20 am

Programs: CX DM, QF PLT, SQ G, EK G
fast track

Just for you information Term 1 fast track closes at 6pm as we found out so join the queue like every body else on the way back if you are on CX254!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: CX
I would highly recommend choosing the front two seats 1A & 1 K. They really are the best seats in F , whilst you won't be able to sit right next to your girlfriend the privacy is a worthy trade off and you won't have to deal with the constant clatter of cutlery and plates which will be that much closer with the paired seats.

On a side note if anyone from CX is reading this can you please , please teach the cabin staff in J and F to keep the noise down when putting the cutlery away and also in J don't turn the bloody lights on to serve breakfast three hours before we land , this on top of the three hours to turn the lights off after take off doesn't leave a great deal of time to get some decent rest.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I have to say that my preferred seats (whether alone or as a couple) are in row 4; 1A/K is a long stretch of the arms to touch - really not couple seats IMO. In dozens of CX F flights I have never, ever been troubled by noise from the galley. The lights in F tend to come on about 90 minutes before landing, which seems fair enough to me. If you're that light a sleeper and you want to sleep to the last minute then wear the eyeshades...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by MATTIAS
I will be travelling in First class to LHR. I have been wanting to sit next to my girlfriend, but the suite designs in the middle seats (3D, 3G) have a screen in between. I was wondering if 3A and 3D is closer to each other? If not, what are the best seats with the closest proximity.

Also I will be on the late night flight CX 251.. How is the meal service there? Will it be a light meal only with no Caviar? If so I probably need to eat before.

Thanks..
Please be careful with recommendations to sit in row 1. If you are claustrophobic, forget it. Staring at the wall 6 feet away for 12 plus hours is not fun for all people (yes, this is from experience).
Actually, my wife and I sit in either row 3 or 4 (center), and have never had a problem with noise or lights. The cabin is generally very quiet, even during meal service. if it is a night flight, half of the cabin may decide to skip the meal and sleep anyway (which is the case most of the time).
The center in rows 3 and 4 are perfect for couples. There is a small divider but this will in no way cause problems for "holding hands" and talking, whereas row one will leave you with about a 6 foot gap between you and your companion.
There really is not much "activity" in the F cabin besides meal times, and the service is very gracious.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Hkg-lhr-cdg-hkg Disaster

Just finished my trip in Europe and taking the CX 260 flight in 1 hour...

Nightmare story about our baggages connecting to BA from the fog in LHR on Dec 22.. Details to follow.....

FYI luggages are still missing. Very angry at BA and CX!!!!!!!!!!! Have been doing laundary in the hotel for 7 days!!!!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Just finished my trip in Europe and taking the CX 260 flight in 1 hour...

Nightmare story about our baggages connecting to BA from the fog in LHR on Dec 22.. Details to follow.....

FYI luggages are still missing. Very angry at BA and CX!!!!!!!!!!! Have been doing laundary in the hotel for 7 days!!!!
Sorry about the bags...

But the carrier taking you to the final destination is responsible for your baggage delivery. If that was BA, then BA has to locate your bags and deliver them to you. And if it was caught up in the fog during your transit from CX to BA last week, you and probably 1000s of others' bags are in that lost pile too!

CX can only deliver the bags to BA. It is up to BA to deliver or to find them for you.

Rather than peg this story with your original thread about CX F seats, please start a new thread on this topic but restrict it to one forum only, ie either BA or CX or Oneworld.

Thanks

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Dec 28, 2006 at 5:28 am
Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:50 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
.....FYI luggages are still missing. Very angry at BA and CX!!!!!!!!!!! Have been doing laundary in the hotel for 7 days!!!!
BA provides you cash compensation after a 24 hour delay in baggage delivery (to allow you to buy replacement clothes, keep the receipts). Unfortunately the amount varies for Y/J/F and is based on the class you flew on BA (J in your case, as there is no F on that route). I forget the amount, but it is about EUR 100 for CE flight (F would be much more). That doesn't go far to pay for laundry charges in Paris (and BA will not accept receipts for laundry, you must buy clothes, etc.).

The CX direct flight HKG-CDG has some merit in these circumstances. The need to avoid LHR these days cannot be over-emphasized, the problems at LHR in the past 3 months are astonishing and not getting better. Past years were never this bad (and there have been some bad years!).
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by christep
Is the BA flight domestic or international? If international then you won't have to clear customs - just security. Last time I was there Fast Track was only from landside - there wasn't one at the FCC (but things may have changed).

If you have a UK or EU passport then I would be tempted to go landside and then back again, which will let you go to Zone R security in T1 which tends to be a lot quicker.
There is a fastrak lane at the RCC, but you get to use it only if you're on outgoing F or C (not incoming). Come to think of it, might be limited to BA (that's when I've used it). You show them your boarding pass, rather than a fastrak pass as at passport control. I'm not sure about that but those on the BA board may know.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by number_6
BA provides you cash compensation after a 24 hour delay in baggage delivery (to allow you to buy replacement clothes, keep the receipts). Unfortunately the amount varies for Y/J/F and is based on the class you flew on BA (J in your case, as there is no F on that route). I forget the amount, but it is about EUR 100 for CE flight (F would be much more). That doesn't go far to pay for laundry charges in Paris (and BA will not accept receipts for laundry, you must buy clothes, etc.).

The CX direct flight HKG-CDG has some merit in these circumstances. The need to avoid LHR these days cannot be over-emphasized, the problems at LHR in the past 3 months are astonishing and not getting better. Past years were never this bad (and there have been some bad years!).
BA F was 200 pounds a couple of weeks ago. But you have to ask at baggage claim when you're reporting the loss. After that they will reimburse you for actual expenses up to a fairly high limit.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by number_6

I couldn't agree more. Transited through LHR a couple of months ago and it was horrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.