Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So much for SFO...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by moondog
MU also has the option of flying from other cities in China (e.g. Nanjing) to the US. While certainly not ideal, the playing field is not level.
I thought Chinese airlines have the same restrictions. Only one flight per week per foreign country.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:44 am

Just have a quick check: CX has resumed booking of SFO-HKG in July......
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold for Life, SQ PPS Club, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Reply1984
Looks like you’re right, the website shows the first SFO nonstop is July 3. Too late for my purposes, but still very strange that just a few days ago two separate agents told me the whole month was zeroed out for SFO under the latest schedule. I’d be very wary booking it after that experience, especially after they cancelled our July 1 tickets without any notification or offers to rebook.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Reply1984
they only stop the sale for 2-3 days on around end of May to adjust the schedule to fit in the transit timing. (Eg SIN-HKG was reschedule to arrive at 2245 instead of 0015 to catch other connecting flights) The agents did not see any flights for July during that period, so assume that the flights are cancelled.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Clack
Looks like you’re right, the website shows the first SFO nonstop is July 3. Too late for my purposes, but still very strange that just a few days ago two separate agents told me the whole month was zeroed out for SFO under the latest schedule. I’d be very wary booking it after that experience, especially after they cancelled our July 1 tickets without any notification or offers to rebook.

already mention that it was zeroed out for few days to adjust the timing and meet transit requirements. CX have mention in their press release as well.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Cambo
So, I certainly can understand China (and the rest of the world), do not want to see infected US people arrive.
You forgot that nowadays the " U.S. people " you mentioned are Chinese citizens who wants to return to their own country. China is only blocking its own people from returning.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 6:52 am

Hi guys,

I have family member booked on 22nd JUNE direct flight CX872 HKG-SFO 00:45am departure, how far out does CX do a cancellation on flight?? I assumed this first flight to SFO back since Pandemic. OR should I will try rebook to
LAX-SFO 22nd June with 00:05am departure ??
TIA !
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by StarsStars
Hi guys,

I have family member booked on 22nd JUNE direct flight CX872 HKG-SFO 00:45am departure, how far out does CX do a cancellation on flight?? I assumed this first flight to SFO back since Pandemic. OR should I will try rebook to
LAX-SFO 22nd June with 00:05am departure ??
TIA !
You should be quite safe with CX872 22 June. Lots of seats sold on the plane
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by brunos
You should be quite safe with CX872 22 June. Lots of seats sold on the plane
sounds good, hope all goes well!
Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.