Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blocked AA award space?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sleuth
This is the conclusion I came to. I called to check economy and the agent could see one flight but not the other one. Both have availability in T class.
So this is not a case where the agent sees zero availability, but rather the agent does not even see the specific combination of flights you want, right? Are you by any chance on a route that has high frequency, with long connection, or depart late at night? CX agents using Amadeus seem to have difficulties in these cases. Try to ask the agent to specify departure time. If the connection pops up, the agent has a better chance seeing the availability you want.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
So this is not a case where the agent sees zero availability, but rather the agent does not even see the specific combination of flights you want, right? Are you by any chance on a route that has high frequency, with long connection, or depart late at night? CX agents using Amadeus seem to have difficulties in these cases. Try to ask the agent to specify departure time. If the connection pops up, the agent has a better chance seeing the availability you want.
My route has one connection daily, a two to three hour connection, and departs at 8am.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sleuth
My route has one connection daily, a two to three hour connection, and departs at 8am.
I'm not sure why the combination would not appear in this case then...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I'm not sure why the combination would not appear in this case then...
I tried one last time this morning. Still no luck. I gave in and just booked a Japan Airlines itinerary instead. Not looking forward to a hot cabin that I won’t be able to sleep in but i’m ready to be done with Asiamiles.
ernestnywang and percysmith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.