Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:20 am

Album of new CX First Class Catering

Full album:
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Ca...FirstClass2020

Just for those who wants a bit more details on CX's new updated first class service...

Honestly I don't see a dramatic change, but a brand refresh with new chinaware and glassware.
The meals are still pretty standard.

The quality seems to have improved a bit and the salad course is updated to fit today's eating trend.
I still want a different Western appetizer starter choice, apart from caviar.

I am disappointed that there is no more amuse bouche to go with the beverage service after takeoff. It is just more mixed nuts now. However, I love the sparking tea and the detox juice served prior to pre-arrival meal.

I think CX First Class is still a decent product but if you are expecting dramatic changes, you don't see them.

Carfield
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Carfield
Full album:
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Ca...FirstClass2020

Just for those who wants a bit more details on CX's new updated first class service...

Honestly I don't see a dramatic change, but a brand refresh with new chinaware and glassware.
The meals are still pretty standard.

The quality seems to have improved a bit and the salad course is updated to fit today's eating trend.
I still want a different Western appetizer starter choice, apart from caviar.

I am disappointed that there is no more amuse bouche to go with the beverage service after takeoff. It is just more mixed nuts now. However, I love the sparking tea and the detox juice served prior to pre-arrival meal.

I think CX First Class is still a decent product but if you are expecting dramatic changes, you don't see them.

Carfield
Thanks for the pictures. The new stemware looks nice at least. They really needed an upgrade to the wine and champagne glasses, glad to see it.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:34 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
There’s no amuse bouche for ex-outport flights for quite a few many years already. Only for ex-HKG
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: CX MPC DM, SQ Krisflyer Elite Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
There’s no amuse bouche for ex-outport flights for quite a few many years already. Only for ex-HKG
From my experience I’ve only had an amuse bouche once out of 10 times in F, But mostly on midnight flights. Do midnight flights not serve amuse Bouche as well? Or is it just me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.