Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
This thread is to discuss changes in inflight amenities in First and Business class from October 2019.
Discussion regarding First Class catering is in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...9-onwards.html
Print Wikipost

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:11 am

I think they are probably from the old J kits.. I have tons of them and I have never flown CX F.. unless they are from my family members who flies CX F.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I can't remember if the new Bamford bags have them or not, I'll check when I get home or presume someone else knows. I *think* they have been removed though from F too
Definitely removed from the Bamford F kit.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:24 am

Flew HKG-SFO on 1/5/20.

Cabin was far too warm for my liking for the first half of the flight.
Champagne was Tattinger 2007
There was free wifi for F and the cabin was in great condition.

Bamford kit was provided, no cloth.
The moisturizer and face mist were high quality and the containers are aluminum which is a nice touch.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: CX MPC Silver (OWR)
Is the J bamford amenity kit available ex-HKG yet? Seems like its only available from outports from the couple of responses above?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:05 pm

2019-12-25 CX 881 J: 78%/Jurlique kit
2020-01-10 CX 255 J: Bamford kit
new bedding for both
quakes15 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: JAL
Originally Posted by quakes15
Is the J bamford amenity kit available ex-HKG yet? Seems like its only available from outports from the couple of responses above?
We had the J Bamford kit (blue) on BOS-HKG over the last two days and in acream colour on HKG-SYD (CX139) yesterday. All J bathroom products were Bamford.
And new bedding on both.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Sparkling tea - interesting..never thought of having that before. Is it available in J as well?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Did the redeye HKGLHR J a couple of days back..

Beddings which was great comfort, Bamford Amenity kit (cream), and slippers which is a nice addition.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by eethan
Sparkling tea - interesting..never thought of having that before. Is it available in J as well?
No, it is a first class only product and that sparking tea is limited to the pre-takeoff welcome tray.

Carfield
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by Carfield
No, it is a first class only product and that sparking tea is limited to the pre-takeoff welcome tray.

Carfield
I'm curious did you try asking for more?

Last time I was in F, I contemplated seeing if it I could order a full glass of it. However I did not find it necessary to drink any more of it, so never bothered to ask.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:49 am

Does anyone know if the Men's Bamford Moisturizer in the black metal bottle can be purchased separately?

The closest I found was this Edition 1, but not sure if the same as the inflight one..

https://www.bamford.com/uk/products/...1-moisturiser/
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by somemale
I'm curious did you try asking for more?

Last time I was in F, I contemplated seeing if it I could order a full glass of it. However I did not find it necessary to drink any more of it, so never bothered to ask.
The JING sparkling tea comes from a bottle about the size of a dessert wine. Depending on how full the F cabin is, I imagine you'd be able to get a full glass.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Flew HKG-SFO on 1/5/20.

Cabin was far too warm for my liking for the first half of the flight.
Champagne was Tattinger 2007
There was free wifi for F and the cabin was in great condition.

Bamford kit was provided, no cloth.
The moisturizer and face mist were high quality and the containers are aluminum which is a nice touch.
(long post alert!)

Interesting! The Champagne must differ based on origin city not city pair? I had Cuvee William Deutz 2006 SFO-HKG a few days earlier, I think Jan 2 departure. I had Krug 2004 to SFO in late December, but I understand it changes due to rotation. I am mostly surprised we had different Champagnes for the same city pair a few days apart.

For the cabin temperature, ask to turn it down!! For you and anyone else who reads this, to hopefully have a more enjoyable flight in the future.CX is usually pretty good with cabin temperature, but occasionally they leave it up. It's almost always an accident, and they are very polite and happy to change it if you ask. The whole "Asian carriers leave the cabin temperature too high" blogger thing is complete stereotypical nonsense, at least in my extensive experience on CX and SQ. I don't fly JL and ANA enough to say conclusively, although I've had a few warm flights on JL. But anyway, ask! IME by putting that message out there, people repeating it (mostly the bloggers) do everyone a disservice because they make people like my parents, who make the mistake of reading the "Points Guy" blog before their last flight to HKG on SQ F last year, afraid to ask the flight attendants to turn down the temperature! I give them credit for searching the internet before their flight. But my elderly American parents scared to ask the FAs to turn down the temperature because they read "that's how the Asian carriers like it, according to this blog we read, and we didn't want to be impolite" !! Thanks Point Guy for the false impression.

Never had a problem asking CX to turn it down. As part of asking them to turn it down, I usually ask what they have the temperature set to, to see if something is off with me or if it's actually too hot. Fwiw 23 C = 73 F, 22 C = 72 F, 21 C = 70 F. While I prefer it cold, I can sleep just fine at 22 and 21 C, and even 23C even though that's a bit warm for my liking. I've found sometimes, when it's set to 21 or even 20, I still feel hot. In which case I am often dehydrated, or maybe there's another issue like the air isn't circulating well. Moreso in J than F on the 77W, I've found the air can get stale and doesn't circulate well especially in the main "dorm room" cabin on 77A/H.

Fortunately, this new bedding in F and J is very good. I didn't think they could outdo themselves before with the already very good bedding in F, but CX have. And I've noticed the new CX F bedding breathes easier than the old one, I haven't gotten hot in the new sheets yet and I think I've had them 5-6x now. Although I have plenty of faults with CX F (mostly: 6/6 is too many for the FA staffing, crew chatting in galley and gallery too close to cabin + too thin curtains, crew stomping through F class like it's a freeway, limited/boring F&B choices, too little food choices loading so they always run out), the hard product is just excellent and the bedding is the best of the carriers I normally fly in F, which is mostly CX, SQ and EK. And those other ones are not bad competition. But SQ 77W F has a lip on the bed and isn't perfectly flat due to a seat design issue, SQ bedding (on both 77W and A380) isn't as soft as CX new F bedding, and I prefer CX's bedding width at the shoulders to the EK suite.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Are the pajamas still from PYE?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:38 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by boybi
Are the pajamas still from PYE?
yes, as of my last flight in F in Jan.
boybi and Travelchurner like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.